Benevolent Leader Easy

LiNSiCKeL

This trophy is extremely easy but is nothing more than a ridic time sink....

Built my settlement at Sanctuary:

1) 20 people

2) Green levels of food, water, def - amount does not matter as long as they stay in the green

3) 13 level 3 clinics ( surgery centers ), 1 gun shop, 1 clothing store, 4 people harvesting food and one mama murphy who does what she wants lol

4) Maxed out size by building wooden crates and some decorative signs ( ALOT of building these to max out the size )

5) Removed all companions and NPCs that could not be assigned I.E. - Preston, Piper, Vault Tec; Mama Murphy does random work and does not effect overall happiness; Should be noted to watch named NPCs that can be assigned as sometimes they will wander off and lose their assignment which can drop happiness

6) Every settler/NPC is working now just sit back and wait as the happiness painfully and slowly climbs up

Do I actually need to ring the bell then or can I just stand there?

Mine is going up quite slowly (probably 20 happiness from 30 to 50 in about an hour and a half). Is this normal? I'm following OPs advice except I have no food (6 clinics instead) and I used beds instead of crates because I had no wood. I suspect the beds are messing things up as they're all outside apart from 6 of them...

It'd be great if I could just leave the PS4 on while they do their thing to get to 100. The ringing bells and waiting for 24 hours process is really tiresome...

Do I actually need to ring the bell then or can I just stand there?

Mine is going up quite slowly (probably 20 happiness from 30 to 50 in about an hour and a half). Is this normal? I'm following OPs advice except I have no food (6 clinics instead) and I used beds instead of crates because I had no wood. I suspect the beds are messing things up as they're all outside apart from 6 of them...

It'd be great if I could just leave the PS4 on while they do their thing to get to 100. The ringing bells and waiting for 24 hours process is really tiresome...

It's perfectly normal for it to go up slowly. However, in your case, it's going up even slower because you're missing some basics. You need at least one point of food, one point of water, and one bed for each settler. Additionally, you need a minimum defense rating of the sum of food and water (ex: if you have 6 food and 6 water, you need at least 12 defense). Without those basics, you're happiness will go up super slow and eventually cap out before reaching 100. As for the bell thing, no one really knows. You should make it a point to run around your town every once in a while just in case.

Got the trophy with 6 people in Red Rocket Station like OP taught me to do. And it didn't really took that much time. Happiness got up to 96 by itself when I was doing some random missions and collected bobbleheads. Last few points I "grinded" with the bell+24h wait method and it took me about 20 minutes to get from 96 to 100. Lot less trouble than I expected.

Thanks to OP for the tips.

Edited by Juzota