GE-64 Booster mod... Not working?

ShadowGandalf

So, I unlock this awesome mod, and decide I wanna have fun with it, like you do. But I can't get it to work at all. I attach four mines to a car, whether on the front, back or underside, but every time I fire them off, the car stays still. It won't move even slightly. I don't think I'm doing it wrong, so it must be a glitch right?

Has anyone else had trouble? The demo vid clearly showed a car being launched off a ramp and flying a considerable distance, so why can't I get a car to move even a centimetre?

Any tips, advice?

There's a second upgrade to increase the boost.

I know there's a second one, but the first one should still work. The demo video for the first one shows that car go flying off a ramp while Rico is soaring above by parachute. I dunno when I'll be able to unlock the upgrade.

One time I flipped a car onto its side with a tether then attached 4 boosters to its underside. Then flipped it back onto its wheels and triggered it. I could see the boosters underneath, but the car stayed glued to the road. I just don't understand what's going on. Unless, as I said, it's a glitch.