Nintendo does not care about competing with Sony and Microsoft

Lady Lilith

http://www.examiner.com/article/nintendo-does-not-care-about-competing-with-sony-and-playstation-on-graphics

..Yeah, I don't understand why they're so hellbent on making a technologically inferior console filled with gimmicks. I mean, didn't they see how the interest in the Wii basically dried up only a few years after its release?

http://www.examiner....ion-on-graphics

..Yeah, I don't understand why they're so hellbent on making a technologically inferior console filled with gimmicks. I mean, didn't they see how the interest in the Wii basically dried up only a few years after its release?

It dried up after the gamers' felt numb after waving there arms for 9 hours straight!

At this point directly competing with Sony and Microsoft would ensure Nintendo goes the route of Sega, and they know this. So they have instead chosen to, in my opinion, just prolong their death. If they continue to ignore the gamers that make them the success they are by continuing to "innovate" in areas such as controllers and... oh that's it, controllers, then they will eventually lose the only fanbase they have now, casuals. At that point they have two options. Go out like Sega and make games as a third party company, or lose the attitude they have now and make a system that will compete with Microsoft and Sony. But for option two to succeed they will have a tough battle on their hands because just about every die hard Nintendo fan (and I was one of them) has jumped ship to better consoles.

With the WiiU being more focused on the controller than games, and the revised 3DS still lacking a 2nd analog stick it has become clear as day that Nintendo care more about money than the gamers. I hope the WiiU proves me wrong and it's a fantastic system, but they haven't convinced me yet and I doubt they are even going to try.

Parker

Nintento creating a me-3 HD console doesn't really accomplish anything. Do you really need a third console option to buy Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed 2k12 on? They wouldn't be able to compete on that model. They realize to compete they need to be different and that is by being a family entertainment company that offers, for better or worse experiences you won't get on the competition. They also push the boundaries on what a video game is with stuff like Nintendogs and Brain Age but who can blame them, those games sell millions of copies.

I'm skeptical that Nintendo can repeat the Wii's success though. They did the impossible with the Wii, they got my mom to buy one. Problem is they won't be getting her to buy a Wii-U. I just don't think they will be able to sell Wii-U's to say a good percentage of Wii owners. Partly because the name is dumb and while bravo for getting your nanna to buy one, she isn't going to know what the difference between the Wii she never uses other than when the grand kids come over anymore and the Wii-U is.

But hey at least they know how to dominate the handheld market, so they will always have that.