Bugs

Slain087

So, I can only comment on the Vita version, since I don't have a PS4. Can PS4 users confirm/deny things on their end?

In RUNNER and FATE, the song sometimes cuts out for no apparent reason. Presumably it's related to lag spikes? It's far worse in BEAT, where you can get two measures into Transition before it mutes until the next transition.

RUNNER has lag spikes at specific parts of levels. It appears to happen with very specific portion tags, like with the single-level ledge with the robot twirling its arm in Impetus.

Some enemies in FATE take an absurd amount of hits to kill, even those who do not naturally have high health.

FLUX's large Beats count as multiple hits, when it should count as only one hit.

BEAT and FLUX require the player to hold down a button, lest the Vita's sleep mode hit. In addition, the cursor constantly moves slightly on its own, like the gyroscope's sensitivity is set way too high - even lying stable on a table, there's still some slight movement. It's far more noticeable in FLUX due to the presence of Avoid Beats.

Certain high-speed Beats in BEAT will ignore the paddle. The implications are obvious.

Sometimes the blinking representing the imminent loss of your powerup in BEAT hits all the wrong frames, leading to the affected paddle becoming completely invisible.

Honestly, this depresses me. Runner2 was perfectly fine on Vita, COMPLETE was almost bug-free on a disc. Is the architecture change that bad?

Edited by Slain087

I wouldn't recommend playing this on the Vita. It is playable, but feels broken. There are significant lag issues that make the last levels of runner pretty difficult (where timing is critical). The paddle games (Beat and Flux) are almost unplayable. I switched to the PS4 for both and the controls were insanely smooth by comparison. 

• 3 years later...

gonna hide a little easter egg in this thread ?:

playing offline renders certain trophies unobtainable such as Odyssean Feet, which only triggers if the game successfully fetches the leaderboards after you've beaten the level. A couple implications here:

• timestamps may deceptively appear illegitimate if players exploit this knowledge to, oh i dunno, achieve RUNNER.COMPLETE before achieving Odyssean Feet :D
  • this game theoretically has online trophies that will become unobtainable if the leaderboard servers are ever shut down

i discovered this the hard way, so i'm gonna make a meme out of it and pop Runner trophies out of order later today :)  I'll eventually get flagged for it and forced to disprove it because this site's flagging system is garbage, at which point I'll smugly link this post :giggle:

EDIT:  someone allegedly earned Odyssean Feet offline on PS Vita... So I guess only the PS4 DG version requires online connectivity :dunno: or perhaps I just encountered a rare glitch, which would be extremely unfortunate. Do I betray my former self, or continue as planned? decisions, decisions...

i'll play it safe today and hopefully someone'll corroborate my post in the future ?

Edited by Trope Hore