Button not registering

BrewCrewIn6

I just got the game today and the middle button on the bottom row will not register when I press it. It wouldn't let me pass the tutorial teaching you how to strum with each button. After minutes of pressing it and strumming frustratedly, it finally advanced. However, when I got to the first song it wouldn't recognize when I pushed the middle bottom button, therefore making me miss every note with that one involved. Did anyone else have this issue? And how do I shut off the guitar without turning off the controller as well, I was having issues with the guitar not turning off. Thanks!

When I was at the midnight launch of Black Ops 3, they had this game on for everyone to play.

Being one of the people who kept playing Guitar Hero all through the 3 or 4 year music game drought, I was keen to get in on this...until it didn't work.

They got it going in the end though, I think they ended up just plugging the USB bit in and out a few times. I know that's a god awful and nowhere near 100% solution, but it did work for them I guess. Good luck either way man.

• 2 weeks later...