Cheaters

Hi Folks,

I'd like to start my first thread giving you the congratz for such awesome site... o/

What's your politics regarding cheaters?

i.e.: people how achieve SOCOM Confrontation platinum in a few minutes using savegame hack

Regards.... ;)

Are you referring to how the staff at the site feel about it, or just the members in general? If the latter, I think there are better places on the site to post this (the Playstation Network subforum, for example).

However, I think it's kind of sad. If the trophies unlocked things in-game (very few do), then I could sort of understand it. Some people don't care about the trophies and just want to have fun with the unlockables... however, if you place any value in unlocking the trophy just for the trophy, why not earn it? How much bragging rights could there be in doing what any person or animal with opposable thumbs and very basic motor skills could do as well in a few minutes?

Thankfully, sites like this help to recognize those who do this sort of thing. ;)

Well...

The problem is that such statistics, like fastest and first to, will be very "unprecise" in some games.

It's not perfect, that's definitely important for people to understand. But if someone earns a platinum that typically takes 100+ hours in 1... that's a bit beyond "unprecise". You don't accidentally earn the first trophy in a game, and the last trophy in a game, within the same hour without something fishy going on.