What am I doing wrong

Ronin893

I need help. Others say this is easy but I'm struggling. Can't beat any times in the training( just a few tracks) and I'm getting frustrated. Wish someone would do a trophy guide on here with some videos. Others sites give no real help. What did you do to find success?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

1. Make sure to use the stability and traction assists, you can basically go full throttle immediately after the corners without spinning off.

2. Cut corners very aggressively, start turning for the apex very early. It's ridiculous how much the game allows you to cut without invalidating your lap.

3. Don't use automatic gears, I did at first and was nowhere near the lap record, but then I switched to manual and breezed through.

4. Use Morbidelli's Audi, 4WD makes lapping fast so much easier.

Edited by Roland_81

To get some confidence, i would say start with Monza, that time is so easy to beat. You are required to reach a 2:05 or something, i got a time under 1:57.

And indeed like @Roland_81 said use that Audi, much more control in the corners, i was struggling as well but try more tracks, you'll beat some times easily, then you get the hang of the controls. I got all the times with automatic gear, don't cut corners in the training times because the lap becomes invalid. I think there are only 2 tracks that require a very good lap, i remember Kyalami to be one of them 

• 5 years later...

One thing that helped me immensely was to set the engine mapping to Acceleration.  I was struggling a great deal before I changed that.   

4 or 5 of the 10 tracks you should be able to beat by 4 seconds or more.  The others will be a little tighter, 1-3 seconds.  If you cut a corner where there is dirt, that will invalidate your lap.  But there are plenty of others on most tracks that are grass and you can make cuts on those without the lap being invalidated.

And as others have said, pick the Audi and stick with only that driver!!!  If you set records with multiple drivers this trophy also will not pop, even if you set a record on all of them.