Game Dev. Portfolio (College)

CreativePolicy

EDIT: I GOT ACCEPTED!

So I need some help with this.

I need some ideas and stuff on what I can do for my portfolio.

Here is what they said in the requirements.

------------------------

Presentation Requirements • Please do not submit original copies of your portfolio documents • Your portfolio can be submitted as a combination printed/digital portfolio or in an alldigital format, but all documents should be in an appropriate and organized format • Submission standards o Accepted digital submission formats  CD  Memory stick  Web address with well-organized samples and/or document links o Written components (letter of intent, reference letter)  Paper  Digital file types • .PDF • Microsoft Word document • .RTF • .TXT o Digital media sample file types  .AVI  .MOV  .HTML  .SWF  .JPG  .PNG  .BMP  .EX

------------------------

I'm bad at understanding.

Edited by Charger

College.

Okay.  Well your portfolio should be mainly what you achieved in High School, what grades you got etc.  Maths, Computer Science and anything creative like Art and Design or Music is favored by Game Development courses.  And I don't know but what route do you plan to go down? If programming, a Computer Science course is almost always the better way to go.  Same with Art, it's better to go into a more specific course for that.

Basically my portfolio for my Games Development course was my grades from High School, art I have done, some more professional looking graphic design (like banners for websites etc), and what programming languages I knew (CSS + HTML, it was nothing extreme).  If you done anything like 3D renders in the past too that is definitely helpful as in Games Development course, you will probably definitely be working with 3DsMax, Unreal Engine etc.  And also you have to include reasons why you want to be in the course.

Okay.  Well your portfolio should be mainly what you achieved in High School, what grades you got etc.  Maths, Computer Science and anything creative like Art and Design or Music is favored by Game Development courses.  And I don't know but what route do you plan to go down? If programming, a Computer Science course is almost always the better way to go.  Same with Art, it's better to go into a more specific course for that.

Basically my portfolio for my Games Development course was my grades from High School, art I have done, some more professional looking graphic design (like banners for websites etc), and what programming languages I knew (CSS + HTML, it was nothing extreme).  If you done anything like 3D renders in the past too that is definitely helpful as in Games Development course, you will probably definitely be working with 3DsMax, Unreal Engine etc.  And also you have to include reasons why you want to be in the course.

Thank you so much, this helps me a lot.

One last thing, How do I create my portfolio, do I just use folders and word pad then shove it on my flash drive?

Thank you so much, this helps me a lot.

One last thing, How do I create my portfolio, do I just use folders and word pad then shove it on my flash drive?

It seems they might want it all written.  So yes, if you can convert Word Pad to a .PDF then that's okay.  And it seems like they might want the actual files of other things you have to show like Art (.JPGs), etc.  And yes, they say you can put it on a CD, Memory Stick or a website if you can make one.

It seems they might want it all written.  So yes, if you can convert Word Pad to a .PDF then that's okay.  And it seems like they might want the actual files of other things you have to show like Art (.JPGs), etc.  And yes, they say you can put it on a CD, Memory Stick or a website if you can make one.

Alright sounds good, thanks!