Recommended places to buy figurines like AmiAmi and Hobby Search (1999)?

BooneIronshield

I'm thinking of starting to purchase some figurines from some games, maybe anime later too but just games for now, and I was wondering if there were any sites, or even ebay sellers, that people would recommend checking out besides the ones listed in the title.

Also, for anyone in the US that has ordered from either one, AmiAmi or Hobby Search, how did their shipping prices seem?

Thanks.

Nippon Yasan is a better choice tbh. I'm not from US, but when I ordered from AmiAmi once they were going to charge me £30 postage which was just ridiculous to me; nothing from Japan has ever cost that much to ship to me, we aren't even talking about the best shipping either. The most I have paid in shipping from Nippon Yasan has been £10 and they get it to me in 2-3 days once shipped (could be a bit longer for you since from US).

I recommend to steer clear of eBay sellers; unless you are looking for something extremely rare and the only way to find it is preowned.

• Like 1

Nippon Yasan is a better choice tbh. I'm not from US, but when I ordered from AmiAmi once they were going to charge me £30 postage which was just ridiculous to me; nothing from Japan has ever cost that much to ship to me, we aren't even talking about the best shipping either. The most I have paid in shipping from Nippon Yasan has been £10 and they get it to me in 2-3 days once shipped (could be a bit longer for you since from US).

I recommend to steer clear of eBay sellers; unless you are looking for something extremely rare and the only way to find it is preowned.

Thanks for that recommendation. I just checked them out a little bit and they're the only one I've seen that actually has one of the main figurines I'm thinking about getting in stock. 

Yeah, I prefer buying from an actual store but when checking ebay for something like this I always look at feedback and lean towards people using their own pictures.

I'm thinking of starting to purchase some figurines from some games, maybe anime later too but just games for now, and I was wondering if there were any sites, or even ebay sellers, that people would recommend checking out besides the ones listed in the title.

Also, for anyone in the US that has ordered from either one, AmiAmi or Hobby Search, how did their shipping prices seem?

Thanks.

You could always try Jungle or Mandarake 

I'm from Puerto Rico (US Protectorate), I always opt for EMS Priority Shipping and runs me around $12-$20 depending on the order (from my experience with AmiAmi and Jungle).

I don't really make big purchases, 1-3 figures per order.  But my packages get here very quick considering the shipment's origin they usually take about a week to arrive.

• Like 1

I buy my figurines kind of all over the place.. crunchyroll has good deals all the time, doesn't have everything but their my preferred place to buy, amiami has the best stuff, but their customer service is non existent, I had an issue with a figure once ( ultimate madoka magica ) and they didn't do anything about it, I ended up fixing it myself. Nippon-yasan can have some good stuff too, shipping is shipping.. but they're reliable.

Honestly though just do research before you buy one, there's quite a lot of sites that sell figurines.

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki
  • Like 1

Thanks for the recommendations everyone. I'll definitely be saving the sites to check out further. I even actually found one of the figurines I'm looking for on Amazon and actually sold by Amazon so I'm keeping them in mind too.

I buy my figurines kind of all over the place.. crunchyroll has good deals all the time, doesn't have everything but their my preferred place to buy, amiami has the best stuff, but their customer service is non existent, I had an issue with a figure once ( ultimate madoka magica ) and they didn't do anything about it, I ended up fixing it myself. Nippon-yasan can have some good stuff too, shipping is shipping.. but they're reliable.

Honestly though just do research before you buy one, there's quite a lot of sites that sell figurines.

That sucks about amiami, I'll have to keep that in mind when I'm looking around.

I forgot about Cruncyroll selling items too, I'll be sure to check them out.

I've found a few sites but thought I'd ask here to see what some of the collectors on this site use.

• Like 1