Ratchet & Clank HD collection download problem.

vanesamacri

Hi there, little droogs.

I'm facing a problem with this collection and I can't seem to find a solution online.

Basically, I just finished playing the first game in the series and I find myself unable to download any of the other two from the PSN store. It tells me I don't have the required space in my HDD. R&C 2 is sized 3,9 Gb and I have well over 14 Gb in free space. I'm aware that you need at least twice as much space as the listed size of the game for the download to start, so I know that space is not a problem in this case. 

Same happens if I try to download R&C 3. Strange thing is, I deleted R&C 1, tried to download it again and it won't let me.

I know this problem is R&C only related, as I tried downloading other games about the same size and didn't have this issue.

I looked online and couldn't find much info for this situation. I did find, however, that some people had a similar problem with another R&C title, but not with the HD collection.

Any ideas?

Could be because they're a "pack". How much space do all 3 games require? Do you have double that available? 

PSN may be thinking of all 3 games as one item when you request a download.

Didn't encounter the issue myself. All 3 downloaded fine for me but I had plenty of space at the time. 

• Like 1

Could be because they're a "pack". How much space do all 3 games require? Do you have double that available? 

PSN may be thinking of all 3 games as one item when you request a download.

Didn't encounter the issue myself. All 3 downloaded fine for me but I had plenty of space at the time. 

Hmm... since I have to go to each individual game of the collection on the PSN store to start the downloads, I hadn't thought of that to be honest. Now that I think about it, it might be a good explanation though. Since I bought the three games as a bundle through the collection, maybe PSN is treating them as a whole when checking for free space, even thought I'm trying to download them once at a time.

Thanks a lot for the tip! I'm going to free up some extra space on the HDD and try that theory. 

UPDATE: I managed to bypass that error by triggering the download from the PSN website on my computer instead of the console app.

Edited by vanesamacri