Useful level up spot

I'm going for the platinum, my 50th platinum to be exact and I beat the game on Critical yesterday night. I found a grind spot that, despite giving a little less experience per enemy, is actually far more easier and faster to level up on. This is an excellent spot to grind and level up too before the Roxas battle in The World that never Was.

As with previous grinding strategies, equip the "Gullwing" keyblade and equip "Experience boost". Go to Twilight Town and enter the mansion. be sure to turn off all Donald and Goofy's abilities in case they are a little OP for the enemies here. Get to 1/2 HP from the Dusks or the Magician nobodies then absolutely slaughter them. You'll get about 1,520xp per Magician and 1040xp per Dusk.

In the main hall there are roughly 8 Magicians and 10 dusks. There is also a room to the left as you enter the mansion that contains 3 extra magicians for a nice 4,500xp. Then enter the library area and you'll get another 10,000xp, then to the chamber Sora, Donald and Goofy were originally sleeping and get a further 7-8,000xp.

In one short trip you are easily looking at 40,000xp per run of the mansion, you don't even need to leave the world. Head back to the entrance of the mansion and all the enemies should have been respawned. We are talking roughly 4-5 levels per 15-20 minutes of grinding. I found this way easier and shorter than climbing the entire castle.

This can also be done at a lower level (47 onwards) and remains extremely effective right until the very end! :D 

Hope this helps!! 

• 2 years later...