You can beat Dark Yojimbo without 140+ Luck

Fahdi

This thread is not for purists... this is for those simply wanting to get the Dark Aeon's over with and get the Perseverance Trophy as fast as possible.  I did this on the PS4 so I am sure it is identical to PS3?

So the Dark Aeons were a joke until I got to Dark Yojimbo.  For the life of me I couldn't beat him, even with Yojimbo doing 4/5 Zanmato's for the fight I lost at the last one.  5 soft resets later, I devised a plan.  I don't know if this is common knowledge, but I just did it.  Instead of maxing out hours upon hours for the Luck and Fortune sphere's I decided to just max out 3 of my best already at 255 stats for everything except for 47-48 luck since I was already close to maxing them out.  I did not use Yojimbo and Zanmato at all after, for Dark Yojimbo, however for the whole Dark Aeon strategy I would suggest training Yojimbo and always have Yuna's Grand Summoning JUST IN CASE.

What worked here? Magic Stat (the one everyone says is useless later in the game).  No literally it was purely Yuna's Celestial Weapon's 1 MP usage for Doublecast Ultima and Copycat for Tidus/Rikku since they don't have 1 MP usage.

Armor for Tidus/Rikku was Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, Defense +20%, Auto Potion (X-Potion Only) and for Yuna I substituted Auto-Protect for Ribbon (don't have the patience to grind for 99 Dark matters for everyone).

Strategy:

- Make sure Rikku's Overdrive is at full (Yuna, just in case for Yojimbo).

- Super Mighty G with Rikku.

- Cast Auto-Life on Everyone (if Daigoro hits Tidus/Rikku, (Auto-Life let's you live for 2-3 turns before you shatter from Petrification? Not sure if just normal or you can't let life hit 0 for the player to shatter - cast Esuna in case you are Petrified), out of the 5 battles, Tidus shattered on me one time, so heal up!).

- Cast Doublecast with Ultima from Yuna everytime conserving MP, and then Copycat with Tidus/Rikku for 3-6 turns.  It takes out 40-50k per turn depending on your luck and magic stat.  If you however get hit with the Dagger Throw move by Dark Yojimbo, it will cut down in half.

- Brace for Impact for any of Dark Yojimbo's moves (if party survived which it should, Auto-Potion works wonders).  If someone does go down, just use Full Life and Super Mighty G again provided Rikku is on Comrade Overdrive.  Pray to god, that the stupid dog goes for Yuna everytime.

- Cast Curaga on Yuna (she basically has to survive everything and especially for Zanmato).

- Rinse and Repeat until Zanmato is almost full.

- Use Yuna to summon Valefor or an Aeon you just hate to be the victim of Zanmato.

- Resume Assault after Zanmato.

- Win and kiss your dog, cat, mom, dad whatever the hell is closest (and then easily use Yojimbo for everyone else after).  I would also recommend using Zanmaro for the Dark Magus Sisters altogether.  No need to fight them 1 by 1.

Yes, this will take about a good 25-40 minutes of your time for Dark Yojimbo but it's totally worth it because after him, it's easy streak. Also it's sooo much better than grinding Fortune and Luck sphere with those stupid Earth Eater and Greater Sphere for hours.

The worst boss in this game for me was definitely Dark Yojimbo, but an ever worser boss is the Sphere Grid itself, I'll probably die of monotony and boredom.  2 more idiots left, and then it's off to kill that stupid ball called Yu Yevon.

Edited by Fahdi

I had just auto pheonix, auto haste and defence 10% and all celestial weapons for my characters. Then I had Auron in my line up just so I could have first strike, I'd immediately swap him out for Yuna to summon an aeon to take a hit. then from there on I'd attack and each time it came close to Dark Yojimba attack I'd summon the next Aeon. After each fight I'd just go to the save sphere to replenish my aeons and health.

I will add at this point I did have every character grid filled in.