You're Winner and a Winner is You!

AdventCloud7

Yep, you're!

I wanted to create a fun little topic similar to those advising gamers which platinums they should either attempt or dismiss but with a slight twist.

Task: 

Observe a neglected trophy or platinum in another gamer's profile, draw from that player's gaming accomplishments (if any) and offer encouragement as to why you think he/she can obtain it, either with tips, strategies, or examples of your own success with the applicable game.

Apply your words of encouragement and reasoning behind any viability to the poster above you. 

you_re_winner__by_moonlightthealicorn-d9

and...

A-Winner-is-You.gif

Note:

As the creator and OP of this topic, I'll just edit this post in encouraging the next poster. I await your participation in lending a virtual hand of kindness, folks. Pay it forward.

I'd also like to point out that I don't view this as a forum game but rather an exercise in offering simple encouragement and gaming tips in the almighty trophy hunt!

-------------

Alright, if I'm understanding how to do this, I'll do you.

Sly 3.

You've got only 2 trophies left and then you'll pop the platinum. The trophies are reach 75% game completion, and reach 100% completion.

Going only from my memory, all that should be left for you to do is the treasure maps for each episode. These can be a bit annoying, but a couple of minutes following a YouTube guide and you'll have them down in no time. 

I know this is true, because I used a YouTube guide on them when I was too lazy to figure them out again (I did it like a decade ago on PS2, I barely remember anything from back then) and it works a treat. 

Yeeeew caaaan deeeew eeeeet!

Yes, you've got the concept right, Super-Fly Spider-Guy. 

Wow, I'd forgotten how close I was to getting the platinum for Sly 3. As you stated, only 2 trophies for the plat but now I'm having vivid memories of how daunting a task it is to complete all the level challenges, which are as follows:

Episode 1 [An Opera of Fear]

.... 9 Jobs
.... 8 Challenges

Episode 2 [Rumble Down Under]
.... 9 Jobs
.... 10 Challenges

Episode 3 [Flight of Fancy]
.... 9 Jobs
.... 9 Challenges

Episode 4 [A Cold Alliance]
.... 9 Jobs
.... 5 Challenges

Episode 5 [Dead Men Tell No Tales]
.... 9 Jobs
.... 5 Challenges

Episode 6 [Honor Among Thieves]
.... 8 Jobs
.... 5 Challenges

(courtesy of user max_live82 from this very site).

Some of those tasks can be a real pain given their overall monotony and time limit restrictions. But hey, if I could complete all of MGSV The Phantom Pain's tasks, the platinum for Sly 3 is doable and will complete the Sly Cooper Collection platinum set. I'm going to try and give these trophies another look in the future; a 4-year hiatus is enough.

--------

--------

Alright. Now my words of encouragement/tips for Spidey...

Sonic the Hedgehog (the PSN SEGA Genesis port, not the crappy '06 travesty)

You only have 2 trophies to claim 100% completion. A major drawback, however, is that the trophy set doesn't offer a plat for your efforts. Weigh in the option of 100% no plat vs plat.

The trophies needed so that a winner is you:

1) Chaos Master - get all Chaos emeralds.

This task would be hell on the original Genesis but you now have the luxury of save states in the port release. There's only 6 chaos emeralds for 6 levels, IIRC. You get 2 chances per level to access the Special Stages holding these special jewels, so there's some leniency with the task. And if you get bored with the game, you can jump right back to the very second you had ditched it. The payoff is bragging rights and a rare 11% silver trophy. Tips available on the game's trophy page on this site.

2) Fast Win - beat the game in under 40 minutes.

Again, with save states, the task is less daunting as there's room for error with the power of saving/loading states. Payoff is a very rare 6% silver trophy. The early levels in the game are fairly lenient when it comes to simply zipping past enemies and through the exit sign. You'd be faster than like, The Flash if you got this one! Oh, wait, Marvel character vs DC character = Chaos!

However, I am drawing from my experience with having ONCE mastered the game on the original SEGA Genesis, without any save states. I've yet to play this game on PSN because its many other ports have made me sick of it. Forced myself to beat Sonic 2 but not collect all trophies, though.

You does [sic] whatever a spider can based on your high completion %.

Edited by AdventCloud7

Alright, if I'm understanding how to do this, I'll do you.

Sly 3.

You've got only 2 trophies left and then you'll pop the platinum. The trophies are reach 75% game completion, and reach 100% completion.

Going only from my memory, all that should be left for you to do is the treasure maps for each episode. These can be a bit annoying, but a couple of minutes following a YouTube guide and you'll have them down in no time. 

I know this is true, because I used a YouTube guide on them when I was too lazy to figure them out again (I did it like a decade ago on PS2, I barely remember anything from back then) and it works a treat. 

Yeeeew caaaan deeeew eeeeet!

• Like 1