ps4 unrecognizable disc (happened twice in 2 days)

Infected Elite

what the fuck is with this? system is barely a year and a half old (i bought it that time). The other night playing co op minecraft, the second controller was turned on at the same time the disc was inserted and it happened. 
just now i ejected Uncharted Collection to put in ToZ, and it happened. had to eject and insert again. 

any idea how to fix this and no i wont call or send it in to sony for the following reasons:
- ill buy a new console before i send one in for repair, they screwed my ps3 up worse than before back in the day.

- im planning on putting in a new harddrive in May so 

anyone know anything about this or fixes? 

If it's just ejecting disc you insert, it's not because the disc is unrecognized, but because first gen PS4 sucks had this problem by default.

It usually happens when you leave your PS4 running in sleep mode for a long period of time.

Try powering it off, cut the power and retry.

First gen PS4?

I got mine launch day and this has never happened to me, but then, I never (literally used it less than 5 times) use sleep mode. Is there anything else I should be on the look out for?

Stealing threads is fun.

First gen PS4?

I got mine launch day and this has never happened to me, but then, I never (literally used it less than 5 times) use sleep mode. Is there anything else I should be on the look out for?

Stealing threads is fun.

Apparently, bad things can happen to fans (bad circulation) if you have your PS4 in vertical mode (either on stand or without it) but dunno if it's something that can happen to everyone.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Apparently, bad things can happen to fans (bad circulation) if you have your PS4 in vertical mode (either on stand or without it) but dunno if it's something that can happen to everyone.

Now you have me scared. Every now and then, rarely, it sounds a little loud, and it's been vertical for probably the last year and a half.

To be honest, paranoia and fear aside, I'd almost been considering taking the deal EB's got at the moment. Trade them your old PS4 500gb, and pay 350, and you get the new Uncharted, and a limited edition (not that I care, and it looks a little ugly anyway for my tastes) 1tb UC4 themed PS4 and controller. 

Considering that a PS4 1tb hard drive would set me back around 100 anyway, and that's if I'm lucky, and that Uncharted will come out here with an RRP of another hundred, paying an additional 50 bucks on top of those 2 things to get a brand new PS4 and DS4 (my OG DS4 has a couple of buttons that get stuck in and the joystick covers are ripped clear off, thanks Trials Fusion) is actually an okay deal.

Oops, I meant 150 more. That's a bit more actually, but still, far from the worst deal I've seen. Not that I'd be getting that anyways.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

i never use rest mode. EVER. its stupid and pointless. my ps4 was purchased around destiny launch but it isnt the white one. and i never have systems standing upright, i dont think anything is wrong with the system or drives. could just be me being on it the past 71 hours straight non stop probably.

Now you have me scared. Every now and then, rarely, it sounds a little loud, and it's been vertical for probably the last year and a half.

To be honest, paranoia and fear aside, I'd almost been considering taking the deal EB's got at the moment. Trade them your old PS4 500gb, and pay 350, and you get the new Uncharted, and a limited edition (not that I care, and it looks a little ugly anyway for my tastes) 1tb UC4 themed PS4 and controller. 

Considering that a PS4 1tb hard drive would set me back around 100 anyway, and that's if I'm lucky, and that Uncharted will come out here with an RRP of another hundred, paying an additional 50 bucks on top of those 2 things to get a brand new PS4 and DS4 (my OG DS4 has a couple of buttons that get stuck in and the joystick covers are ripped clear off, thanks Trials Fusion) is actually an okay deal.

Oops, I meant 150 more. That's a bit more actually, but still, far from the worst deal I've seen. Not that I'd be getting that anyways.

was on a chat with sony and they mentioned its a firmware bug and game app issue so if the discs get unrecognized, delete the game data and fresh install. tedious but i am at the end of one game, so ill delete it once i beat it.

so its a firmware thing

was on a chat with sony and they mentioned its a firmware bug and game app issue so if the discs get unrecognized, delete the game data and fresh install. tedious but i am at the end of one game, so ill delete it once i beat it.

so its a firmware thing

Fair enough. Hopefully that sorts it all out for you then, because that is still bonkers.