Sky Fortress Challenges

Pirelli913

I just managed to get five gears in all four Sky Fortress challenges (though it probably won't show up until sometime later today when it updates) and I just wanted to point out I felt the challenges were slightly easier than in the main game. At first glance, they may seem a bit more challenging, but honestly, they just take getting used to over being truly hard.

There are three wingsuit challenges and one explosion challenge using the new weapons on the new wingsuit. I recommend doing that one last, not because it's hard, but because by completing the other three first, you'll gain new mods to aid you in that last one. The wingsuit challenges are ranked from 1 to 3 with 3 naturally being the most difficult. It'll take time and patience, but anyone determined enough will get it. The first two wingsuit challenges are much easier and I recommend using the new booster to fly around in a circle and pick up any challenge points that may be too difficult on an initial pass. Remember, even if you are going the opposite direction of the finish line, it won't count against you as long as you stay within the course. And the wingsuit booster allows you to remain airborne indefinitely. This is especially useful for wingsuit challenge 2.

Once you get five gears on all three wingsuit courses, try for at least three gears on the explosion course. Having a total of 18 (out of a possible 20 gears) from Sky Fortress will let you unlock all mods in the DLC with the last mod to unlock allowing you to fire three missiles before needing to cool down, which is useful for the last challenge. Here's a video to help you with that challenge: