Final Arena Task Help! Abyss

aldreezi

Hi there

I'm having a hard time fighting the last boss in the Arena...... Any tips or tricks?

Equipment, Servans setup?

The boss is super hard and I can barely damage it!

It only took me 4 or 5 tries or so to win, so not sure if what I said counts, but here I go. (Also I played in JP, so I don't really know the effects of things I have)

Level 11

Nightmare Form

Boomerang (Greatly improves Nightmare Forms damage)

Enough Defense to hang on between transforms

As Much damage as you can possibly get out.

Since there are so many monsters, you can easily get your gauge high enough to transform, with the weapon you get at lvl 11. From there, just try to do enough damage to her in Nightmare form as possible. While you're transformed, chances are, your entire team will die, so not much hope from damage there. Between transforms, just hope dearly that you can transform again fast enough that you don't die.

Edited by bladesoframen

Since there are so many monsters, you can easily get your gauge high enough to transform, with the weapon you get at lvl 11.

I just reached Lvl. 11 and got no weapon. I got one at Lvl. 9 or 10, did I do something wrong or is this the weapon you're talking about?

I just reached Lvl. 11 and got no weapon. I got one at Lvl. 9 or 10, did I do something wrong or is this the weapon you're talking about?

The really long sword that you get for pressing on the d-pad twice in 1 direction was the weapon I was talking about. If you have that, then you're great.

Though I did notice that when I helped someone with this in a share play, the most important thing is the boomerang and how much damage you can do since I was able to do it in the first transformation during that run. I didn't have to worry about defense or how fast the transformation gauge charged up at all.

He's talking about the blade you get as a reward for lvl9.

My setup was:

Gargoyle level 15 with maxed attack and +50 on everything provided by feeding him servants. Equip: Vlad's Crest. Innate ability: Burst power up

Leo level 15 with maxed attack and +50 on everything provided by feeding him servants. Equip: Havel Axe. Innate ability: 50% crit chance on every attack

Nightstalker level 15 with maxed attack and +0. Equip: Jade Mask with shittons of DEF. Innate ability: 50% crit chance on every attack

Alraune level 15 with maxed def and +0. Equip: Straw doll. Innate ability: Rendered  immune to status effect.

Nightmare form is what I choose, since she seems immune to stun and there are a lot of adds.

Arnice lvl 11, HP 480, SP 122, ATK 256, DEF 177. Items: Vlad's Crest, Dainsleif, Spirit Shield, Havel Hammer.

I just walked into her, summoned everything, then kept spamming gargoyle burst+Nightstalker burst to keep poison and bleed on her. Leo's burst was for providing a bit of survability during Gargoyle death time. Also he have a good attack and HP, and knockup enemies. Alraune kept spamming heals. I was rarely attacking her, i just taunted enemies behind her so Gargoyle's burst could finish them, letting him gain more SP and HP from Vlad's Crest. When Nightmare form was aviable I instantly used it, combined with Gargoyle's burst and Nightstalker poison, I belive I got her in less then 2 minutes. The Gargoyle will probably die, so all you have to do is keep up damaging her and wait the death timer, running around to escape her shining attack.

Hope it helps, good luck!