Do demos/betas add trophy lists?

Subzero459

Good day everyone.

I'm interested in trying the Doom beta and checking out some demos but I was wondering if trying that will add the game to my trophy list?

I googled the issue and it says some games do and some don't. How do I know which ones though? If I try a game and don't like it I don't want to have it permanently on my trophy card. I also don't wanna try it on another account. I literally just made this one because my old PS3 died on me and I forgot my login and didn't have the patience to find out the email adress that I made 8 years ago.

Is there a thread somewhere where demos that add trophy lists are collected coz I couldn't find one?

• Like 3

Demos and Betas doesn't give any trophies. Timed Trial will though, those let you try the full game for an hour or so.

There may be some exceptions like free trial periods from MMORPGs where you can get trophies as normal.

• Like 2

Demos and Betas doesn't give any trophies. Timed Trial will though, those let you try the full game for an hour or so.

There may be some exceptions like free trial periods from MMORPGs where you can get trophies as normal.

How can I tell if it's a timed trial or demo? Does it say that in the description in the store?

• Like 3

How can I tell if it's a timed trial or demo? Does it say that in the description in the store?

Timed Trials only earn offline trophies for you. They remain in your offline list however they can't be synced and do not add to your trophy total until you purchase the full game. Also these were a Plus feature on PS3 and it would tell you there if it was a timed trial.

• Like 2

There are only a couple of Timed Trials on the PS4 and it should clearly indicate somewhere that it is one. But even if you do earn trophies in a Timed Trial, they won't show up on your profile until you've actually bought and played the full game. I played the Far Cry 2 trial on the PS3 and earned 2 trophies, but they were locked and remained locked because I never ended up playing the full game.

• Like 2