What does ' multiplayer trophies are boostable means' ?

aditya319

Well guys this might be childish question.. but i am a little new to multiplayer gaming.. and have seen at few places its written trophies are boostable.. and we also have boosting session..so i just wanted to know about these boostable trophies and boostable session and how they are diff from non boostable multiplayer trophies and sessions??

Well guys this might be childish question.. but i am a little new to multiplayer gaming.. and have seen at few places its written trophies are boostable.. and we also have boosting session..so i just wanted to know about these boostable trophies and boostable session and how they are diff from non boostable multiplayer trophies and sessions??

Depends on the game in question, but some multiplayer trophies can be achieved by yourself and another player coordinating to achieve the trophy instead of you achieving that naturally as the game plays. Sometimes a multiplayer trophy is quite difficult to achieve naturally and need to be boosted.

For instance in Table Top Racing: World Tour there is a trophy called "Crush your Enemies!" this is earned by winning 20 multiplayer races, for some this may be difficult, and so you can get another player to help you out.

Boosting basically means that other players help you out in getting the trophy.

If f.ex. you need to win a certain amount of online matches, a player could "boost" it with you by letting you win against him all the time.

Multiplayer trophies that are not boostable are usually trophies where you have no influence over who you're playing against.

Here is an example:

Let's say you have a fighting game. The fighting game has a trophy that says "Win 10 online matches".

If these 10 Online Matches can be player matches that you play against one of your friends, then this trophy is boostable. Just ask somebody on your friendslist to lose ten times against you and you get the trophy. Or join a Boosting Session here on the site, add the people from the session to your friend list and boost the trophy with them.

Now, Fighting games often have a Ranked Mode or a League mode, where you have to fight against others and rank up if you win. In these modes, you normally have no choice over who is your opponent, the matchmaking automatically pits you against someone who is close to our ranking.

Therefore, if the trophy says "Win 10 RANKED Online Matches", then in most cases it is not boostable.

I hope this explanation was clear :)

Edited by Sicho