Fury and Chengou Project.

GarryKE

Hi

I just started playing this again to get the platinum as it was always a game I wanted to plat ever since I got it. But the elite AI seriously takes piss. With that said, because I'm only on HD - I don't have good enough internet to download Fury yet- I wondered if without the dlc I might be missing out on anything that would help make it easier?

For instance, I'm on the 8th campaign now and I'm stuck on getting my butt handed to me on Chengou Project. Fury apparently has better ships. Will this make the AI harder or make it easier for me or neither? And does the AI act differently in Fury than it does HD?

I thought Fury only gave you different skins of the same ships you already have. Anyway, the AI cheats regardless of what tracks you're on. My advice would be to keep at it try other ships to see what works and maybe watch some yt vids. I also found that it helped to sandbag and only take the lead on the last lap unless you can front run flawlessly. The rubberbanding AI can be ruthless.

Chengou was one the hardest tracks for me. Keep practicing that hard ass turn until you can take it with minimal speed loss.

Edit: Turn pilot assist off if you haven't already. Practice turning with your airbrakes.

Edited by Rowdi

Thanks. I have found a few references to new ship stats in Fury so I'm guessing that's all I can go by, but you might be right.

I do have pilot assist off and my track run is almost perfect, thanks tothe few day's practice I've had lol. The reasons I'm still losing are my ship being knocked off course, into bombs/mines, off the track, being focused, AI gaining a small but handy boost for no reason, no good pickups, and the fact that #1 - whether it's you or the AI - gains boosts far more often than anything else! It's ridiculous.

Thank you for the suggestion. I've noticed they seem to somewhat slow down after lap 2. I'll give your suggestion a try.

As for Chengou Project, it can go suck an almighty lemon.

I also found that it helped to sandbag and only take the lead on the last lap unless you can front run flawlessly.

I just tried this out and it worked great. Thank you very much :)

Edited by GarryKE
  • Like 1

Those skins may give a slight boost to some ship stats. I wouldn't consider them game changers. It is just my opinion and recommend you try them to see for yourself if you have the opportunity.

Sounds to me like you just need to get lucky with the AI and power ups.

Good luck!