Project Omega to be shown at TGS by Sega

Lady Lilith

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/9242/article/project-omega-teased-by-sega-to-be-developed-by-jet-set-radio-hd-devs/

segalogoweb20bycmt91.png

Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu mentions a new project being worked on by SEGA in this week's issue. The project, simply called "Project Omega," is being worked on by the same SEGA team that developed the HD remake of Jet Set Radio.

Aside from that, the game's website is now live, too. Here's what's shown on the front page of the site.

segaporjectomgea.jpg

As with the case on reveals like this, a countdown of dates on the site suggests that all will be revealed on September 20 -- the same date that this year's Tokyo Game Show is slated to start. I take it, that's intentional on SEGA's part and they'll unveil Project Omega at the event, no?

So, there you have it. All the clues we have now is that it has a picture of a female that has a tattoo of a trident on her cleavage. I'd like to say this is for Bayonneta 2, but seeing as there's no mention of Platinum Games anywhere, that might not be a feasible guess.

What do you make of this? Another HD port or a new game altogether?

Holy crap, I would completely blown away if this turns out to be something like Bayonetta 2, and the Wii U exclusivity was just a hoax. Probably won't be, but Bayonetta is pretty much all the image reminds me of...unless I'm missing something. Still, I'm completely psyched for TGS now if only because of Sega (likely Yakuza 5/Yakuza HD localizations, and now this)

Bayonetta II is being published by Nintendo so the chances of it being on anything other than the WiiU are nil.

Sega, stop everything you're doing right now and release Shenmue and Shenmue II as HD remakes and then actually finish the series with a proper third game. If you do that I will buy every single game youy develop from here on out, I promise. Also, if Shemue III is a WiiU exclusive I'll kill fucking puppies.

Parker

• Like 2

http://segabits.com/blog/2012/09/20/project-omega-revealed-to-be-demon-tribe/

Screen-Shot-2012-09-20-at-9.32.59-AM-600x383.png

SEGA of Japan’s mystery game Project Omega has been revealed to be named Demon Tribe. The game is said to be an action game in which you play as a demon who fights other demons. What is still unknown is the platform. While everything thus far has pointed to mobile platforms, the site’s source code (we didn’t dig through the site for it, fans elsewhere did) suggests Wii U, Vita and PSP. However, officially SEGA has not revealed anything. Jet Set Radio director Masayoshi Kikuchi is said to be directing and Ryuta Ueda of Jet Set Radio and Rise of Nightmares will be doing the art. Thanks to forum member ROJM for the tip!

Well, this sounds kinda cool...at least something good is coming out of having to get a Wii U for Bayonetta 2 if this doesn't come to PS3. Otherwise, I might get it for Vita in the future.