"Lockdown" Trophy is definitely glitched

Lord_Shadow_Z

Yesterday I discovered something interesting. First off, this achievement on the PC version is also glitched in the same way and I haven't managed to unlock it yet. They launched a public test realm with the competitive mode which I played a bit and enjoyed the crap out of. In one of the first games I played in the competitive mode, my team started off defending on Temple of Anubis (yet again) and a few of them managed to touch the first point but we held them off from capturing it. Going into round 2, on attack we captured the first point and since we already did better than the other team the match ended and we won. Once the victory screen and commendation cards started showing up, to my surprise an achievement popped up and it was "Lockdown." So it seems to me that the requirements for the achievement/trophy to pop are to complete an entire match (2 rounds, attack and defense) while holding the defense, possibly with the same 12 people in the game with no one leaving, which isn't exactly possible with quick play.

Short Version: "Lockdown" should become unlockable when the Competitive mode patch hits and finishing an entire match in competitive, but I don't know if it will be fixed for quick play.

Short Version: "Lockdown" should become unlockable when the Competitive mode patch hits and finishing an entire match in competitive, but I don't know if it will be fixed for quick play.

Interesting, I was giving it a thought today on how they fucked up the algorithm and which screwed up way would we be able to get it, seems like you found one.

Chances are the developer(s) in charge of this particular trophy algorithm are still finishing their little "Intro to programming" course online so may be a while before they fix it.

One question though, what changes in the competitive mode. Because I know there is like a tie breaker round for some matches at the end, but it seems like this one was just a regular "switch sides" match and you guys got "lucky", so chances are the same logic may apply to the quick play.

Hard thing though is that every time I party up with friends, we end up against another party of Korean Pro Players (because the matchmaker is so wonderful) so I don't think it would be easy to win just like that, even if in that example the opposing team usually won't leave because they are also a party of 5-6. In the matches with just a friend and low levels/bad players, unfortunately most people will leave after the first match out of despair of not touching the point.

One question though, what changes in the competitive mode. Because I know there is like a tie breaker round for some matches at the end, but it seems like this one was just a regular "switch sides" match and you guys got "lucky", so chances are the same logic may apply to the quick play.

Hard thing though is that every time I party up with friends, we end up against another party of Korean Pro Players (because the matchmaker is so wonderful) so I don't think it would be easy to win just like that, even if in that example the opposing team usually won't leave because they are also a party of 5-6. In the matches with just a friend and low levels/bad players, unfortunately most people will leave after the first match out of despair of not touching the point.

Competitive mode isn't too different from quick play, mostly just minor tweaks to each game mode to define win conditions. Each match consists of two rounds where each team gets a chance at both attack and defense on the map, and you earn points for each objective completed or checkpoint reached. You win the match if your team earns more points by completing more objectives. For example, on payload maps each team is tracked on how far they push the payload and the team that pushes it farther wins. Capture maps don't really change much. If one team fails to capture one of the objectives, if the other team captures that same point they'll automatically win the match. For the Control maps, the only difference is that it is a best of 5 rounds instead of 3. In the event that both teams complete all map objectives or tie in points by completing or failing the same amount of objectives you go into the sudden death which takes place on the same map. A team is chosen at random to attack and they have a very brief amount of time to capture one objective.

Sudden death is pretty uncommon in the current version of the competitive mode. I only encountered it once in the ten placement matches I did which is a good enough sample size for me considering they said with how it used to work in the beta it could occur up to 50% of the time. 

Bad matchmaking will always be an issue but competitive mode is implementing a couple things to try to make it more fair. First, they're being far more harsh punishing early leavers with the ultimate punishment of being banned for the entire current season if they leave too many games. I think it's a great way to discourage people from bailing and keeping matches from becoming unbalanced. Also if someone does leave very early in the match, the entire match is cancelled after 30 seconds with no penalties to the remaining players. And if you get matched against a really good team that steamrolls you, you can get an underdog bonus where if you lose the whole match you'll lose fewer ranks than you would normally, but if you manage to win you gain a lot more ranks. Though I haven't seen this system in action myself and I can't verify how well it works yet but in theory it sounds great.

If all else fails, just dick around with the game in quick play. Lately I've been solo queuing and selecting heroes at random every round and I've been having a lot more fun by not taking the game seriously, and I don't feel too bad when my team are all idiots and we lose. Plus it gives me a chance to play heroes I don't normally play and get better at them.

I hope I answered your question  :hmm:

Competitive mode isn't too different from quick play, mostly just minor tweaks to each game mode to define win conditions. Each match consists of two rounds where each team gets a chance at both attack and defense on the map, and you earn points for each objective completed or checkpoint reached. You win the match if your team earns more points by completing more objectives. For example, on payload maps each team is tracked on how far they push the payload and the team that pushes it farther wins. Capture maps don't really change much. If one team fails to capture one of the objectives, if the other team captures that same point they'll automatically win the match. For the Control maps, the only difference is that it is a best of 5 rounds instead of 3. In the event that both teams complete all map objectives or tie in points by completing or failing the same amount of objectives you go into the sudden death which takes place on the same map. A team is chosen at random to attack and they have a very brief amount of time to capture one objective.

I see, well, I hadn't understood the first time.

I mean, on quick play it obvious when you start a new map, there will be two rounds in that map if you don't leave and if the lobby doesn't disband. However that's two matches, not one. So that may be the trick to it indeed.

First, they're being far more harsh punishing early leavers with the ultimate punishment of being banned for the entire current season if they leave too many games. I think it's a great way to discourage people from bailing and keeping matches from becoming unbalanced.

However, while completely fair and great, it will suck for the people who get constant battle.net disconnects, which then will be marked and punished because obviously there is no way for the game to know if you disconnected your router or simply battle.net gave you the finger.

In GTA V I remember people would disconnect their routers during the Criminal Mastermind challenge if you even know what that is, and apparently it didn't count as leaving the game, but obviously that was the stance of Rockstar: When complete disconnection from the servers occurs, we give the player the benefit of doubt. Blizzard has the opposing one.

I hope I answered your question  :hmm:

Loud and clear chief, thanks.

However, while completely fair and great, it will suck for the people who get constant battle.net disconnects, which then will be marked and punished because obviously there is no way for the game to know if you disconnected your router or simply battle.net gave you the finger.

In GTA V I remember people would disconnect their routers during the Criminal Mastermind challenge if you even know what that is, and apparently it didn't count as leaving the game, but obviously that was the stance of Rockstar: When complete disconnection from the servers occurs, we give the player the benefit of doubt. Blizzard has the opposing one.

Well how they've said it works at least for quick play is that the game looks at your 20 most recent matches and sees how many you've left early, and if it's above a certain percentage that's when penalties start to happen. I think the threshold for quick play is around 25%, leaving 5 of your last 20 matches. I don't know if the percentage will be lower or more strict in competitive but even if you get disconnected from the server, leaving one match shouldn't penalize you. Plus if you reconnect quick enough you automatically rejoin the match and can complete it and be perfectly fine.

Well how they've said it works at least for quick play is that the game looks at your 20 most recent matches and sees how many you've left early, and if it's above a certain percentage that's when penalties start to happen. I think the threshold for quick play is around 25%, leaving 5 of your last 20 matches. I don't know if the percentage will be lower or more strict in competitive but even if you get disconnected from the server, leaving one match shouldn't penalize you. Plus if you reconnect quick enough you automatically rejoin the match and can complete it and be perfectly fine.

True that.

• 6 years later...