Possible to get completely stuck?

I'm inside the manor at the moment with no mattocks, and I can't leave through the front door to buy more. This is very annoying.

Edit. A mattock dropped. I fought stuff from level 7-17, what the hell, Square?

Yeah, there are several locations that will require mattocks (later fixed when you obtain a weapon that will do this instead) and keys without letting you go forward if you lack them. In particular, the areas beyond the point of no return no longer allow you access to shops to buy them, so stocking up on keys before going to them is necessary.

I'm inside the manor at the moment with no mattocks, and I can't leave through the front door to buy more. This is very annoying.

Edit. A mattock dropped. I fought stuff from level 7-17, what the hell, Square?

AFAIK if you require a mattock or a key-ring in a dungeon the enemies will drop them eventually. This happened to me in the last dungeon: I had no more keys but one enemy dropped a key ring.

Later on you will get the morning star that will make the mattock useless so you only have to keep some key rings with you. Best advice is: Always have three full sets (--> 12 keys) as you never know how often you have to backtrack.

Yeah, there are several locations that will require mattocks (later fixed when you obtain a weapon that will do this instead) and keys without letting you go forward if you lack them. In particular, the areas beyond the point of no return no longer allow you access to shops to buy them, so stocking up on keys before going to them is necessary.

Like I said above there are some enemies in the dungeons that may drop key-rings. E.g. in the last dungeon the skeletons drop them. But yeah, better have a good stock of them before you have to rely on the drop rates.

Edited by Crimson Idol

Skeletons will always drop keys and slimes (or blobs if you prefer) will always drop mattocks. I was worried about it myself since I was in the Tower of Mana without any keys but farming skeletons took care of that. The game won't allow you to end up stuck~.

• 2 weeks later...