jaehyun1009's Platinum Plaza

jaehyun1009

Introduction

Welcome to my platinum trophy collection. I started gaming in 2002 when I got a Game Boy with Pokemon Silver when I was about 8 years old, and have never looked back from this hobby. I started getting my first trophies when I bought a Vita in 2013, but I didn't start any serious trophy hunting until I got the platinum for Witcher 3. Earning a long, hard earned platinum for what turned out to be one of my favorite games has started to encourage me to look for more.

I came around to making this thread because I wanted to share my experiences with obtaining each platinum trophy... and yes, I admit I want to brag about it too, even though I realize that there will always be someone with better trophy collection than mine. So without much further ado, let's begin:

Do note that some of these reviews will contain spoilers. Open the spoilers under each game at your own risk; you've been warned.

#1-25

:platinum: #1 - Plants vs Zombies (Vita)

1L022459.png

Date Earned: April 10th, 2013

Difficulty 3/10

Score 8/10

This was my first ever game in the instant game collection. Even though I heard good things about this game, I never really got around to playing it and here was the chance for me to enjoy the experience, and it didn't disappoint - it was satisfying to work my way up every level from a bunch of sunflowers to building a fortress that kept those pesky zombies out. Even though I got most of the trophies done by end of the month, the grind to complete the zen garden collection kept me from earning my first platinum in the same month. In retrospect, though, I wish I waited a little bit longer to make P4G my first platinum as there was only several days in between this platinum and P4G's.

:platinum: #2 - Persona 4 Golden (Vita)

1L03861e.png

Date Earned: April 14th, 2013

Difficulty 4/10

Score 10/10

I'm no stranger to JRPGs, but this game got me hooked for weeks on end. Turn-based gameplay was great, story was engaging, and every one of the characters were likable (even Adachi, who comes across as a callous prick by the end but still somehow likable). I don't regret even a second spent getting this platinum, even when I had to record every single one of 250 lines for the infamous Hardcore Risette Fan trophy (if you think I'm pulling your leg, here's my list) This is the closest thing to being a Vita system seller, if it isn't already.

:platinum: #3 - Gravity Rush (Vita)

1L26fdf9.png

Date Earned: May 30th, 2013

Difficulty 4/10

Score 9/10

The concept of bending gravity to your will was fairly novel, and I think this game executed this concept very successfully. Because you can stand on pretty much anything with the ability to bend gravity to your will and "fall" sideways, there are increased possibilities for traversal, which sometimes makes this feel like a puzzle game (in a good way), combined with solid combat makes Gravity Rush an enjoyable experience. Controls needed some getting used to, especially with camera controls that felt wonky at first - this posed a few problems for some of the challenges, but in the end I had no problems mastering the controls. Overall, this is a very solid title on the Vita; if you don't have a Vita and are not planning to buy one, then go get it for the PS4.

:platinum: #4 - Virtue's Last Reward (Vita)

1Lcc3f89.png

Date Earned: July 4th, 2013

Difficulty 2/10

Score 9/10

I got this game as a part of instant game collection for PS Plus - I know now that there's a prequel to this game, but at the time I started this, I've never heard of this series so naturally my expectations weren't too high to begin with. What I got was a great visual novel with testing but not too difficult puzzles, even though I had to look up a few of them. The plot seemed fairly "generic" with complex cliches like alternate timelines, time traveling, and world-ending pandemic, but learning about each character's background, interaction between the characters, and how they coped with the dire situation they were thrown into, is what really made the story and the experience. Now I'm definitely looking forward to playing its prequel (999 getting remastered on Vita) and its sequel.

:platinum: #5 - Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)

1L0fbf8c.png

Date Earned: June 6th, 2014

Difficulty 5/10

Score 9/10

I initially had doubts playing Wolfenstein again after the series seemed to go nowhere after Wolfenstein 2009 which felt mediocre in every way, but this game was a successful reboot of a storied franchise. Even though the game was fairly short, the gunplay was fluid, and stealth meshed well with more intense combat sections (at least you had the option to go guns blazing if stealth wasn't your cup of tea). The story was actually pretty decent, and at absolute worst, interesting enough to keep me playing. The final boss on Uber was really difficult, though.

:platinum: #6 - Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F (Vita)

1Ldd012c.png

Date Earned: June 14th, 2014

Difficulty 3/10

Score 8/10

A while back I was itching for different and unique kinds of games to play and the hatsune miku series caught my eye, so I imported this when there weren't any news of this coming to the west on vita yet, as the language barrier isn't really that relevant with these types of games. To my surprise this game got me hooked within the first few hours - the songs were pretty good to listen to despite the practically zero knowledge I had/have of Japanese. The massive grind at the end for one of the trophies put me off getting the platinum initially despite being close to it, but months later I gave it another go, persevered through the grind, and got the long waited platinum.

:platinum: #7 - Tearaway (Vita)

1Lebf031.png

Date Earned: July 20th, 2014

Difficulty 3/10

Score 7/10

This was one of the few games for the vita that was advertised quite a bit in the west, and it had gotten good reviews and I got interested in the platforming gameplay so I picked this up when it went on sale on Amazon. The gameplay was fairly novel and creative, utilizing every feature that PS Vita had to offer. The story and gameplay was decent throughout and the game didn't overstay its welcome, though it felt frustrating trying to obtain 100% because I missed a few paper scraps here and there.

:platinum: #8 - PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate (PS4/Vita)

1Lbc1947.png

Date Earned: July 31st, 2014

Difficulty 5/10

Score 8/10

Another game that I got on the PS Plus, this was a fairly good twin stick shooter with bits of exploration and puzzle elements. The boss fights are pretty unique and fairly challenging on their own, especially towards the end of the game; the final boss took me about a dozen attempts before I eventually nailed it. If you have this game under your backlog, don't hesitate to try this out later if you start running out of games to play.

:platinum: #9 - Minecraft (PS4)

1Lfbe519.png

Date Earned: December 17th, 2014

Difficulty 3/10

Score 9/10

The hype is real. After hearing about how good this game is ad nauseum, I just had to try it out once it came out on the PS4. At first I had no clue what was going on and was afraid of zombies coming out at night, I eventually got hooked into the mining and building my very own house, ranches, etc. Getting the platinum won't be difficult, but you'll most likely find yourself wandering around doing miscellaneous stuff because you'll most likely get hooked in trying to build the world you want. Nothing about any of the trophies is really difficult, especially if you use the duplication glitch, with one exception being the sniper duel trophy which was really annoying to set up and what drove me away from the platinum initially until I went back to it to finish off all the trophies.

:platinum: #10 - Goat Simulator (PS4)

1Lc3768a.png

Date Earned: August 15th, 2015

Difficulty 4/10

Score 6/10

Oh boy, this one was a doozy. Basically, you play as a goat that smashes into everything while licking anything it sees, and anything it licks sticks to its tongue... yeah, I have no idea what I just said there. The game is fairly glitchy, but that just adds to the game's quirkiness, in a good way. Flappy goat can go fuck itself, though (THE reason why I gave this a difficulty of 4/10 despite rest of the trophies being stupidly easy). I didn't give this game that high of a rating because the uniqueness/quirkiness of the game wears off after a short while, but it's still fun to play once in a while if you're in braindead mode.

:platinum: #11 - Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt (PS4)

1L109344.png

Date Earned: October 2nd, 2015

Difficulty 7/10

Score 10/10

This is hands down one of the best games I've ever played. The world is immersive, story is fantastic, and the combat is spot on with multiple different possibilities for success - you can choose to increase your ability with the sword, improve your signs (basically magic), or invest in alchemy. Enemy designs are fantastic as well, graphics wise and also gameplay wise; each enemy has its sets of weaknesses that you can exploit to your advantage, which becomes important in your death march playthrough if you're going for the platinum. This is pretty much the perfect western RPG, and the developers are very transparent with its customers as well; most bugs that I've experienced were fixed quite promptly.

My heartfelt advice: Whether you're debating yourself on buying this masterpiece and/or its DLCs or waiting for the GOTY edition, get this game on your library as soon as you can.

:platinum: #12 - The LEGO Movie - Videogame (PS4)

1L003081.png

Date Earned: November 2nd, 2015

Difficulty 2/10

Score 8/10

Lego games are sort of nostalgic for me because I used to play the hell out of Lego Star Wars game (2005) with one of my old friends, so I was pleased when I heard they have fairly easy platinum lists, so I started my Lego PS4 adventure with this game based on the Lego Movie (which I haven't watched). Story was decent, and collectibles weren't too bad of a grind. All in all it was a fun, if not short experience like I remembered in the old days regarding Lego games.

:platinum: #13 - The Wolf Among Us (PS4)

1Lca3c1e.png

Date Earned: November 5th, 2015

Difficulty 1/10

Score 8/10

I believe I got this game on a sale after hearing it had an easy platinum list, and indeed it did - just play through the story, collect a few missing fables and voila, a platinum trophy. The game itself wasn't really anything except a barrage of QTEs and answering to each person's dialogue here and there, but the story revolving characters from various fables trying to make ends meet in NYC was a pretty intriguing concept (yes, I know it's a cartoon series, but I think Telltale did well in incorporating that into the video game world), though the ending was pretty cryptic. I would get this game if it ever goes on sale or you are looking for an easy platinum regardless.

:platinum: #14 - Borderlands 2 (PS4)

1L7c9071.png

Date Earned: November 23rd, 2015

Difficulty 4/10

Score 9/10

I played this a bit on the PC but I never really got around to finishing the story. With the handsome collection on sale, I had to get this for the PS4. A well-made first person shooter with some RPG elements, this game got me hooked for days on end. The humor was on point, though I might just be easily amused. Handsome collection is on sale quite frequently (and I think the PS3 version is as well, with all the DLCs), so grab this gem when the chance comes.

:platinum: #15 - Tales from the Borderlands (PS4)

1L2ee2ae.png

Date Earned: December 10th, 2015

Difficulty 1/10

Score 9/10

When I heard that telltale made a borderlands-themed game, I had to try it out for the easy trophies story. To be frank, I didn't imagine Telltale's formula working with eccentric humor of the Borderlands series, but they somehow made it work. Scooter though :( R.I.P., my man.

:platinum: #16 - The Order: 1886 (PS4)

1L8b7a48.png

Date Earned: December 30th, 2015

Difficulty 3/10

Score 7/10

This game got a lot a stick for being too short, and to be honest if I paid this for $60 at release I would've been overwhelmingly disappointed as well. That said, this is a solid but generic shooter with stealth elements mixed in here and there, but I wouldn't pay more than $10 for this. Collectibles are annoying, though, because there's no way to track which one you've got other than using the regular old paper and pencil/pen. On a side note, I think this series has a potential that this game didn't really fully capitalize on with some concepts like the science weapons.

:platinum: #17 - Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (PS4)

1L44833d.png

Date Earned: January 5th, 2016

Difficulty 4/10

Score 8/10

First of all, I would recommend playing Borderlands 2 first before delving into the Pre-Sequel. Despite taking place before the events of Borderlands 2, I think you'll need to know the story of Borderlands 2 if you want to appreciate the story fully. This game also adds in few new concepts like low gravity, oxygen meter, freeze element in addition to the more "traditional" gameplay of Borderlands 2 which all work to mixed effect. I didn't feel as connected to the characters and the environment in pre-sequel than I did with Borderlands 2; I don't know... the world felt quite empty and new characters like Janey Springs and Pickle were hard to get acquainted with. Therefore I'll have to rate Pre-Sequel below BL2, but it's still a very good game in its own right.

:platinum: #18 - Grim Fandango Remastered (PS4)

1L12c265.png

Date Earned: January 7th, 2016

Difficulty 2/10

Score 8/10

Here is a very interesting point-and-click adventure that meshes elements from various concepts and ideas like Aztec religion, talking skeletons (based on some Mexican culture I believe), and the film noir genre, which all work out to create a fairly immersive experience despite the aged graphics. The aforementioned difficulty is if you use a guide to complete the game, which I thought of just giving a 1 at first but I ramped it up to 2 because tank controls were hard to get used to at first. Without using a guide, I'd say a difficulty of about 5 out of 10. I gotta say, though, this trophy has some of the longest trophy names I've seen.

:platinum: #19 - Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (Vita)

1L3bf7a1.png

Date Earned: January 12th, 2016

Difficulty 3/10

Score 8/10

REVIEW FORTHCOMING

:platinum: #20 - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered (PS4)

1L54495c.png

Date Earned: January 12th, 2016

Difficulty 5/10

Score 9/10

The Uncharted Collection that came out on my birthday on the PS4 was my first foray into this series. Naturally I started with the first game. Even though this is far from the best game in the franchise, I was hooked within the first few minutes of playing, with trademark humor starting from the get go - "it's just like a camera... you... point and shoot, right?". I thought the controls were quite fluid for the most part and graphics at the very least serviceable for a game that came out in 2007. I never got used to the boat controls, though... If this quality game is far from being the best game in the franchise, then wait until Uncharted 4. (It's a difficult choice between 2 and 4, but I ultimately went with latter because it came out later with higher quality)

:platinum: #21 - Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS4)

1L09924a.png

Date Earned: January 14th, 2016

Difficulty 2/10

Score 7/10

In this supernatural detective game, you play as a detective named Ronan who has just been assassined by a masked series killer, and in order for him to move on to heaven with his already deceased wife, he has to figure out who is behind the murders  (it's been a while since I played this so please forgive any misinterpretations). The game has a nice twist at the end and I enjoyed playing this, but ultimately it's too short and not too memorable. There were too many collectibles, though I guess that depends on the person.

:platinum: #22 - Game of Thrones (PS4)

1La054a2.png

Date Earned: January 18th, 2016

Difficulty 1/10

Score 5/10

This was my third telltale game. I seldom watch the series from time to time so I had enough interest to pick this up when there was a small sale on amazon... and I was quite disappointed as to how this went. maybe GoT's storytelling doesn't fit this kind of game? but it seemed that literally EVERY choice I made turned out to be a mistake, though there are a few crucial choices that actually affect how the final chapter plays out and how the game ends. but my main complaint is that half of the story arcs seemed to head to absolutely nowhere - Mira's arc didn't seem to matter because Ironrath gets destroyed by the end anyways (I feel that portion of the story was put there just to show King's Landing and make a connection with the TV show). Gared's arc absolutely went to nowheresville after the first chapter, they clearly wrote his story with a second season in mind. Maybe my opinion will change if I play the second season (I don't know if I will), but I remain disappointed.

:platinum: #23 - STEINS;GATE (Vita)

1Lb65f1b.png

Date Earned: January 20th, 2016

Difficulty 2/10

Score 8/10

Unlike a lot of people that played this that played this after watching the anime (or at least I imagine so), I jumped straight into this game having no knowledge of this series. The first few chapters felt like a bit of a slog due to bunch of exposition, but all of the background story becomes important when shit starts to hit the fan for the lab members after Mayuri gets killed for the first time at the end of chapter 4. In the end this was a very enjoyable story that got also got me hooked on the anime and the series as a whole.

:platinum: #24 - Infamous: Second Son (PS4)

1L889b63.png

Date Earned: January 29th, 2016

Difficulty 3/10

Score 8/10

A solid exclusive for the PS4 with smooth combat, platforming, beautiful open world adventure in downtownw Seattle. Story wasn't anything special, but decent enough to keep me interested, and as always, Troy Baker does a fantastic job voicing Delsin (main character). Delsin can utilize multiple powers, allowing for varied gameplay experience. Touchpad controls are integrated fairly well in to the game, though I admit it took a little time getting used to. The expert difficulty isn't all that bad, in fact I didn't really notice the difference between the difficulty, though it might have been easier because I could just go on a rampage without worrying about losing good karma.

:platinum: #25 - Infamous: First Light (PS4)

1L5e96f1.png

Date Earned: February 4th, 2016

Difficulty 4/10

Score 8/10

A standalone DLC for Infamous: Second Son that is obviously shorter and content-light than the main game, but it's a fun game on its own. The gameplay isn't a whole lot differnt compared to second son, though you do feel like you have more control over the one power you have (neon) as opposed to having multiple powers with more restrictions. The battle arena provides extra bit of challenge while allowing for some replayability.

#26-50

:platinum: #26 - Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd (Vita)

1L1d0b21.png

Date Earned: February 14th, 2016

Difficulty 4/10

Score 8/10

There isn't a whole lot of difference between this game and its predecessor, which is a good thing because I loved the first game, even though I could barely read anything. F 2nd does introduce new mechanics like double star, which threw me off at first (which is why I rated this game one rating higher than the first one) but it did make me feel like I became better at this game.

:platinum: #27 - LEGO Batman 3 (PS4)

1L006f3e.png

Date Earned: February 21st, 2016

Difficulty 2/10

Score 7/10

I've already said my bit on LEGO games in general in the LEGO movie game review, so there really isn't much here to add here, other than the standard grind for collectibles as per LEGO games.

:platinum: #28 - Fallout 4 (PS4)

1L06f680.png

Date Earned: May 17th, 2016

Difficulty 3/10

Score 8/10

There was a LOT of hype for this game when it was released, but I don't think it lived up to it. Don't get me wrong, this is a pretty fun game, but the game looks like it's from the middle of the PS3 era, and from what I've heard, the game was very buggy at release (surprise, surprise - bethesda). Bethesda has a (justified) reputation for being a top RPG developer, and this is a good game on its own, but they really can and should do better if they want to stay in the competition, especially with developers like CD Project Red setting new golden standards.

Side note on DLC: Obviously it's really overpriced at $50. $10 less than the main game? really? No wonder I don't trust game developers easily, especially after the price hike (which I assume/hope was after they came up with the 3 new DLCs). I bought it at $30 though, but I think even that is somewhat overpriced because half of the DLC is just adding more things to the workshop, which you most likely won't use and/or don't need. I'll have to wait for Nuka World for the final verdict on the DLC overall, though.

:platinum: #29 - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4)

1L61febd.png

Date Earned: May 23rd, 2016

Difficulty 4/10

Score 10/10

I never thought Naughty Dog would ever surpass the already high barrier that they set for themselves with Uncharted 2 and TLOU, but they've done it again. Visually beautiful, great story with usual great humor, Platforming and exploration that leaves you wanting more, and who could forget the crash bandicoot references (never mind actually getting to play one of the stages). The ending was, just... damn.

Do you have a PS4? If you do, do you have Uncharted 4? If you don't, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE?

:platinum: #30 - LEGO MARVEL's Avengers (PS4)

1L384bd1.png

Date Earned: May 30th, 2016

Difficulty 2/10

Score 8/10

I watched both avengers movies before playing this, so the story was pretty easy to follow. I felt this was a much more refined game than its predecessor (Lego Marvel Super Heroes), which had some of the worst flying controls I've ever had to deal with in a video game. Other than that, another standard LEGO platinum list with more bunch of collectibles to collect.

:platinum: #31 - The Deadly Tower of Monsters (PS4)

1L295ac2.png

Date Earned: May 31st, 2016

Difficulty 2/10

Score 7/10

REVIEW FORTHCOMING

:platinum: #32 - Senran Kagura: Estival Versus (PS4)

1Le0df14.png

Date Earned: June 9th, 2016

Difficulty 3/10

Score 8/10

REVIEW FORTHCOMING

:platinum: #33 - Life is Strange (PS4)

ae02f6738f6a5539949084d1cd87dd63.jpg

Date Earned: June 18th, 2016

Difficulty 1/10

Score 8/10

REVIEW FORTHCOMING

:platinum: #34 - Farming Simulator 15 (PS4)

1L47f72a.png

Date Earned: June 24th, 2016

Difficulty 2/10

Score 6/10

REVIEW FORTHCOMING

:platinum: #35 - Final Fantasy X HD (Vita)

1L21a701.png

Date Earned: July 1st, 2016

Difficulty 6/10

Score 9/10

REVIEW FORTHCOMING

:platinum: #36 - Broken Sword 5: the Serpent's Curse (PS4)

1L2e1c38.png

Date Earned: July 3rd, 2016

Difficulty 2/10

Score 7/10

REVIEW FORTHCOMING

:platinum: #37 - Megadimension Neptunia VII (PS4)

1Lddb30b.png

Date Earned: July 8th, 2016

Difficulty 2/10

Score 8/10

REVIEW FORTHCOMING

:platinum: #38 - Sly 2 (Vita)

1Le05a2b.png

Date Earned: July 10th, 2016

Difficulty 3/10

Score 8/10

REVIEW FORTHCOMING

:platinum: #39 - Hitman GO: Definitive Edition (PS4/Vita)

1L7b0d30.png

Date Earned: July 11th, 2016

Difficulty 2/10

Score 6/10

REVIEW FORTHCOMING

:platinum: #40 - Everybody's Gone To The Rapture (PS4)

1L7f7c31.png

Date Earned: July 16th, 2016

Difficulty 2/10

Score 5/10

REVIEW FORTHCOMING

:platinum: #41 - ARCADE GAME SERIES: PAC-MAN (PS4)

1L201f98.png

Date Earned: July 16th, 2016

Difficulty 2/10

Score 7/10

REVIEW FORTHCOMING

:platinum: #42 - ARCADE GAME SERIES: Ms. PAC-MAN (PS4)

1L5f181f.png

Date Earned: July 16th, 2016

Difficulty 2/10

Score 7/10

REVIEW FORTHCOMING

:platinum: #43 - ARCADE GAME SERIES: GALAGA (PS4)

1Le1afa8.png

Date Earned: July 17th, 2016

Difficulty 4/10

Score 8/10

REVIEW FORTHCOMING

:platinum: #44 - ARCADE GAME SERIES: DIG DUG (PS4)

1L654f14.png

Date Earned: July 17th, 2016

Difficulty 3/10

Score 7/10

REVIEW FORTHCOMING

:platinum: #45 - OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood (PS4/Vita)

1L286831.png

Date Earned: July 26th, 2016

Difficulty 8/10

Score 9/10

REVIEW FORTHCOMING

:platinum: #46 - Final Fantasy VII (PS4)

1L04d60a.png

Date Earned: July 28th, 2016

Difficulty 3/10

Score 10/10

REVIEW FORTHCOMING

:platinum: #47 - Gemini: Heroes Reborn (PS4)

1L1de6fb.png

Date Earned: August 2nd, 2016

Difficulty 2/10

Score 7/10

REVIEW FORTHCOMING

:platinum: #48 Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (Vita)

1Lfd2b3f.png

Date Earned: August 4th, 2016

Difficulty 3/10

Score 7/10

REVIEW FORTHCOMING

:platinum: #49 - Nom Nom Galaxy (PS4)

1L95b6a4.png

Date Earned: August 16th, 2016

Difficulty 3/10

Score 7/10

While sifting through my PS Plus backlog for "new" games to play, I came across this quirky looking game by none other than Pixeljunk, who made the Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate game that I enjoyed and got the platinum for earlier in my PS gaming days, so I gave this game a chance. Objective of this game is to try to dominate the soup market share by making and sending soup to outer space, while competing against your AI opponent who will try to do the same thing, making this game quite competitive and more intense than it appears at first. This game has a fairly high entry barrier, because it throws a lot of things in the beginning, and you absolutely need to learn everything you were taught in the tutorial to beat your rival companies, which is most likely why completion rate is so low despite the game being fairly easy once you learn the ropes. I also found several trophies to be quite buggy; if you want to go for the platinum trophy, make backup saves often before earning important trophies if you don't want to restart the whole game. Despite some of these flaws, I still ended up enjoying the multiple aspects of the game (tower defense, base building, and resource management) that I needed to efficiently utilize to succeed.

:platinum: #50 - Rocket League (PS4)

1L6c211c.png

Date Earned: August 16th, 2016

Difficulty 2/10

Score 9/10

The Big 50 is here, and it was Rocket League that claimed the permanent spot on my Trophy Milestones section. (since when did I start caring about milestones anyways?) Anyways, this is a great game that mixes two popular sports soccer and racing very successfully. The game itself actually takes a bit of getting used to, particularly the controls, but the trophy list is very generous in difficulty and It shouldn't take more than a few days to earn the platinum. Only reason it says the platinum took me a year was because I played this with my dad (who doesn't usually play games but still enjoyed this) last year; trophies were popped just from playing naturally.

#51-75

:platinum: #51 - Tropico 5 (PS4)

1L4bd4ae.png

Date Earned: August 19th, 2016

Difficulty 5/10

Score 8/10

A construction management/government simulation game that was tougher to get a hold of than the score of 2 or 3 suggested in various guides. If you've played previous games in the series than that score would make more sense, but if you're a newcomer, you have to know the ins and outs of the fine mechanics of this game like food happiness, knowing what each faction likes and dislikes, etc. if you want to know what's going on and fix your mistakes if you make any before the situation gets worse. If you're new to the series, too often you'll make mistakes that you wouldn't realize that you made until it's too late, which is especially fatal in the campaign if you didn't make multiple saves, because your mistakes carry over to the next levels (protip: SAVE BEFORE YOU FINISH EVERY LEVEL) - fortunately you "reset" halfway through the campaign, which saved me a lot of trouble because I left my economy and popular support in a complete mess just as I barely reached the end of first half of the campaign. The tutorial is VERY basic and doesn't cover everything that you need to utilize for the campaign. Most other trophies are easily obtained in sandbox mode with unlimited budget, except Presidente's Seven which is one of those shitty luck based trophies that you will either get without trying or take hours on end. Multiplayer trophies can be boosted in under an hour. Despite a very high entry barrier with little details to go off of, the game really got me hooked and is really fun once you get the hang of things.

:platinum: #52 - Ether One (PS4)

1L33acbe.png

Date Earned: August 22nd, 2016

Difficulty 2/10

Score 6/10

REVIEW FORTHCOMING

:platinum:#53 - Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3 V GENERATION (Vita)

1L02f949.png

Date Earned: August 27th, 2016

Difficulty 3/10

Score 8/10

REVIEW FORTHCOMING

:platinum:#54 - DOOM (PS4)

1L474944.png

Date Earned: August 28th, 2016

Difficulty 4/10

Score 9/10

REVIEW FORTHCOMING

:platinum:#55 - Saturday Morning RPG (PS4)

1Ld670ce.png

Date Earned: September 1st, 2016

Difficulty 2/10

Score 6/10

REVIEW FORTHCOMING

:platinum: #56 - Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 (Vita)

1L078d00.png

Date Earned: September 7th, 2016

Difficulty 3/10

Score 7/10

This game started off really slowly and depressingly (is that even a word?) unlike other neptunia games I've played so far, and unfortunately didn't really provide much comic relief, even after Neptune returned to the party - it's a pretty big deal to me because that kind of humor was part of this franchise's charm which was sorely lacking in this game. I do think it had fairly unique dungeon designs though and the alternate conquest and holy sword endings were actually decent. 

:platinum: #57 - Super Time Force Ultra (PS4/Vita)

1L5223eb.png

Date Earned: September 8th, 2016

Difficulty 5/10

Score 9/10

This game is difficult to describe in words - on the bare surface, it's a simple contra-esque sidescrolling shooter with a strict time limit and you die in one hit. Now this all obviously sounds hardcore... until you find out you can rewind time if you don't like what happened in the battlefield - you can do this up to 30 times in a level. This is where the genius of the game comes in - Once you rewind time, the character you played with fights alongside you up to the point where you hit the rewind button, and you need to utilize this feature to get through the game's various levels that have a strict time limit. This game has up to 19 playable characters (PS4 exclusive characters include Sir Galahad from Order 1886, Traveler from Journey, and Shuhei Yoshida), so there is a lot of replayability value coupled with the rewind feature that allows different characters to fight at the same time. If you still don't get what I'm talking about... I did warn people that this game was difficult to describe in words. (I'm not trying to advertise youtube channels, but I would recommend checking out TotalBiscuit's video on this game if you're still confused as to what I just described)

The story is, of course, about time traveling... for the most trivial reasons such as being able to watch funny cat videos, and generally doesn't take itself seriously, arguably for its own good. This wildly cavalier approach to time travel slaps more serious time travel games like Steins;Gate and Life is Strange right across the face. On a little more serious note, story is obviously not this game's draw, though it is quite humorous.

:platinum: #58 - Broken Age (PS4/Vita)

1Laf72a5.png

Date Earned: September 11th, 2016

Difficulty 2/10

Score 8/10

Another point and click adventure by Tim Schafer complete (first one was Grim Fandango Remastered). Although I saw people online maligning ths game, I thought this was pretty good, though some of the puzzles were just as frustrating as ever. Speedrun trophy was easier than expected as I had plenty of time to spare at the end (46 minutes before making final moves) as long as you're strict with yourself in wasting as little time as possible and making lots of saves to backtrack to a certain point if you think you took too long doing something.

:platinum: #59 - Catlateral Damage (PS4)

1L3ae4a7.png

Date Earned: September 12th, 2016

Difficulty 3/10

Score 6/10

:platinum: #60 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered (PS4)

1L393cc8.png

Date Earned: September 19th, 2016

Difficulty 5/10

Score 10/10

:platinum: #61 - Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (Vita)

1Lf6fe87.png

Date Earned: October 1st, 2016

Difficulty 6/10

Score 8/10

:platinum: #62 - Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed (Vita)

1L036a11.png

Date Earned: October 13th, 2016

Difficulty 3/10

Score 6/10

:platinum: #63 - Transistor (PS4)

1L9829fa.png

Date Earned: October 29th, 2016

Difficulty 4/10

Score 8/10

100% (No Platinum)

L376d25.png

Date Completed: March 31st, 2013

Difficulty 2/10

Score 7/10

#2 - Contrast (PS4)

L84938f.png

Date Earned: January 13th, 2016

Difficulty 2/10

Score 6/10

#3 - Gone Home (PS4)

Lf10f27.png

Date Earned: June 15th, 2016

Difficulty 2/10

Score 6/10

#4 - MouseCraft (PS4)

La14672.png

Date Earned: August 9th, 2016

Difficulty 3/10

Score 8/10

#5 - SteamWorld Dig (PS4)

L23cada.png

Date Earned: August 11th, 2016

Difficulty 5/10

Score 9/10

#6 - Sportsfriends

L2d6905.png

Date Earned: August 24th, 2016

Difficulty 1/10

Score 7/10

NOTICE: This post will get frequent (not much so, it has turned out) updates as I continue to add more reviews. Will add reviews for 100% games as well once I'm done with all the reviews for platinum'd games.

Edited by jaehyun1009
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another update before my schedule here in korea gets busy again. I won't be putting out reviews for them (and rest of the games here that I haven't gotten to yet) until I get back to America, though.

New Platinum Trophies:

#59 - Catlateral Damage

#60 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered

#61 - Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (Vita)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...