Center of the galaxy

bioxz

Hi,

has anyone of you already reached the center of the galaxy? Right now i can get about 1700 light years with one jump, that makes 110 jumps to the center for me. In the next spoiler section something about shortcuts, don't read if you don't want to get spoiled.

I finished the Atlas quest and used the first black hole. It warped me somewhere, but damaged my warpdrive heavily. Wasn't worth it. I'll try another black hole i got, maybe i have more luck with that one.

No spoilers please what is there, I'm just interested in the progress of others. Also, there are five path "options" in the warp screen. First is shortest path to center, second free roam and third Atlas. Are those last two used for anything? I feel like i have seen most of the game (most likely every upgrade for exo, ship and weapon), but i only followed the Atlas line, never refused to work for it.

The 3 paths after free roam are used as waypoint paths. They are usually taken up by Atlas locations but can be used for Black Hole as well as a custom waypoint (should you want to mark systems yourself). You can keep track of three different waypoints at once. At the moment, I have waypoints on 3 different Atlas locations but since I've used 2 black holes, they aren't worth the time/effort to go back. I started going down the Atlas path but I switched to going to the center so I can see it for myself.

I could be wrong but I thought Black Holes were suppose to shorten your distance to the center. The trade off being the randomized damage of ship tech. My first Black Hole damaged almost every ship tech I had. The second only took down one of my shields.

Center, freeroam and three waypoint slots, Atlas just uses a waypoint slot. Luckily I caught on early and after my first jump I placed a waypoint on my first system.

Black hole after Atlas is what I did too, damaged something of mine that was easily fixed. Was already ready to reload a save if the black hole got me too quick to the center but luckily I only went 1K lightyears or so. Not going to black holes any more. I just finished the Atlas quest yesterday and now I'm going to build warp cells, jump 20-25 times, explore system I'm in, repeat. Don't know what I'll do after reaching the center, we'll see if I'm not sick of the game by then but I'm at 50+ hours already and I'm thinking I'll keep on exploring, one system a day.

You can also safely ask stuff like this in the general tips thread by the way, much more people reading that one.

Edited by BillyHorrible

Damn, didn't see that waypoint option. A few black hole jumps later that opportunity is gone :(

My last black hole placed me somewhere far away from the center. Is that normal? It's called "shortcut to the centre" and now i have hundreds of jumps more to get to the centre. :(

But my main question is still: Did someone already got there? Or how far are you away?