Should you get this game?

MMDE

If you're into 2D puzzle platformers, this is a pretty decent game. When the gameplay gets challenging it also gets very frustrating. Luckily, it doesn't go all that frustrating for more than some few parts of the game. Basically two levels or so. Totally doable. Last level is the hardest and there's two ending trophies, but if you wait through the credits, you will get back to near the end of the last level, so you can get the other ending quickly. You don't really need to do everything in the game either, just beat all the levels, collect all of the least appearing collectible and find some special item. The art style and soundtrack is pretty cool. Story is decent enough for a game like this. The game has some few issues with the spawning after dying, like getting stuck.

I enjoyed the game, but if you're not into 2D puzzle platformers, you won't like it. And you need to be able to handle some frustration and a lot of dying.

• 1 year later...

The thing about the dying is that you have unlimited lives and you reset right where you die, so it's not a big deal.

I'm enjoying the game because it appeals to my puzzle-solving, Metroidvania, and exploration-minded interests, and when the platforming gets challenging, it's not punishing.

It also feels more like an expanded mini-game than something much larger, like, say, Axiom Verge.

For those who have similar gaming interests to mine, you should definitely pick it up, keeping in mind that the scope of the game.

• 3 years later...

This game is now unfortunately no longer available to buy now, for PS4 and WiiU at least.  It’s still available on Steam however so there’s that.

It’s not a bad platformer, the later areas in the game get very tricky however for constantly switching between the foreground and background and jumping through all the obstacles.