Leveling ?

IceKnight_13

To raise your max level, you have to use the items Limit Breaker Elixir or Super Limit Breaker.

Limit Breaker Elixir is available in the shop, cost 50k each, and raise your max level by 10.

Super Limit Breaker is only available from treasure and drops, and raise your max level by 25. The easiest way to get them is through Secret Medicine Bags that are a fairly common treasure in the later post game dungeons. Secret Medicine Bags give 3 Super Limit Breakers upon opening.

You shouldn't be in a big rush to raise your max level. Get enough to raise your MPower at max level to about 500 (~level 250), and you should have enough to equip most gem configurations you can think of. Afterward, you can just wait for Secret Medicine Bags to pile up and give you levels. (I beat the final boss on Devil wtihout using any Limit breaks, and on hell, none of my characters broke 500 Magic Power with their build when I beat the final boss)

Edit: Forgot to say, bring Estra to lvl 999 first, because spamming Time of the Gods every turn makes the final boss incredibly easy.

Edited by bladesoframen

For Devil, as I said, you can do it without a single Limit Breaker. You'll have a bit of difficulty with the final boss, but not much.

As for Hell, you might be able to beat the final boss without a Limit Breaker because you'll easily have 9999 atk on your guardian, but since you can't spam Time of the Gods and your defense would be << 9999, your guardians probably will not be able to last long enough for you to finish off the final boss (admittedly if you get lucky, you can win)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2017 at 6:05 PM, Kishnabe said:

Does anyone know if Difficulty trophies stack? Beat the game 4 times? Does gear and everything transfer over?

Difficulty trophies don't stack, but from how I think the game works, only the difficulty you beat the final boss counts for the trophy. I'll be double checking this when I do my jp run. However, to unlock Hell mode, you need to beat the game 3 times, so that is the minimum requirement.

Everything except storyline items, and storyline progress, and quest progress carry over. As a result, it is best to go too far into quests until at least your 3rd run.

15 hours ago, bladesoframen said:

Difficulty trophies don't stack, but from how I think the game works, only the difficulty you beat the final boss counts for the trophy. I'll be double checking this when I do my jp run. However, to unlock Hell mode, you need to beat the game 3 times, so that is the minimum requirement.

Everything except storyline items, and storyline progress, and quest progress carry over. As a result, it is best to go too far into quests until at least your 3rd run.

Thank you. What a pain, 4 play though is too much. So stop doing quests after 3rd run? 

I heard that some items are tied to difficulty. I need to make some parts early? 

Did you run into the game blind and figure things out as you go along? 

Edited by Kishnabe

On 2/12/2017 at 9:30 AM, Kishnabe said:

Thank you. What a pain, 4 play though is too much. So stop doing quests after 3rd run? 

I heard that some items are tied to difficulty. I need to make some parts early? 

Did you run into the game blind and figure things out as you go along? 

Sorry I should clarified a bit more. The only real things that are difficulty tied are the rewards for beating the final boss. However, there are 3 unique rewards the final boss gives, a key to each of the 3 end game dungeons (1 for Normal clear, 1 for Hard Clear, and 1 for Devil Clear), and each of these endgame dungeons have quests tied to them. Since quest progress resets each playthrough, you can't get the quest trophy until at least your 3rd playthrough (the keys to enter each dungeon does carry through to each successive playthrough). However admittedly, there are some quest that help a lot in early grinding, so it might be a good idea to do some of the early quest.

For the first playthrough, enjoy it as much as you can, because the game is very grindy and effectively consists of a bunch of long corridors with fairly repetitive puzzles (there are a few exceptions but not enough to save you from boredom imo). On at least the 2nd and later playthroughs, use the maps I uploaded to get through the game as fast as possible. If you know the route, and your team is strong enough, you should be able to finish a run of the game in 7 hrs.

Honestly though, I don't recommend running this game blind because like many other IF games, many features and numbers are badly documented, and if you don't know them, you'll end up grinding a lot more than you would like (admittedly, since you need to kill 30k monsters in the end, you'll have to grind for ages anyway). FYI, doing 4 playthroughs led me to 9k monsters killed, but luckily turbo controllers work on a Vita TV and made the grind palletable.

Edited by bladesoframen

• 1 month later...