Trouble joining multiplayer sessions

DeadStanley

A friend is trying to play together with me and we're finding that while we can see each other's rooms that it always "fails to join session". We put no restrictions on the game session either (as in quest line restrictions). For session I've created it seems that players other than my friend are able to join game, and I'm able to join other people's matches as well. 

Is there any known reason why my friend and I can see each others game session rooms but that we can't join them?

Thanks in advance!

A friend is trying to play together with me and we're finding that while we can see each other's rooms that it always "fails to join session". We put no restrictions on the game session either (as in quest line restrictions). For session I've created it seems that players other than my friend are able to join game, and I'm able to join other people's matches as well. 

Is there any known reason why my friend and I can see each others game session rooms but that we can't join them?

Thanks in advance!

Are you guys both NAT Type 2 when you run an internet connection test on your Vita?