Ubisoft Research Project Survey.

Gladiator995

Hey guys, I hope this isn't against the rules or anything but I'm doing a research project for my degree on a company that I feel is not listening to its customers, and I've selected Ubisoft. Would you guys be so kind as to fill out this short survey so I can compile the results and add the findings to my project. Thanks guys! https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/SLPQVVL

Thank you for filling out the survey Shikari as well as everyone else whose filled out the survey so far. With my project, I'm also curious if any of you feel that Ubisoft are actually going to start listening to the general public's complaints? Like I can see a couple of consistencies with the complaints that people are giving me and that's really help but I'm just curious whether the company will even listen to such feedback? I'm considering sending my project to the company once I've finished the module itself for my degree, not sure if they'll even take notice of my suggestions but it's always worth a try right?

• Like 1

Like I can see a couple of consistencies with the complaints that people are giving me and that's really help

Of course you're getting consistencies. Your poll is made to have people complain about Ubisoft, only so much that can be said before people start repeating themselves.

As far as a research project goes, I think this is a really biased one. You as a researcher have strong negative feelings towards Ubisoft apparently, and the survey is definitely not a neutral one. I'd take a further look at that if I were you before I would show it to my teacher, let alone to the company itself.

If you're creating a true neutral survay and people come with only negative responses that's one thing. but your poll is created to only talk about the bad stuff and you're even in this thread talking about your intention to bundle together complaints, which is really not how a neutral survey should work.

I'm all for telling a developer/publisher what people don't like about their products but there's a couple of conflicts of interest in this work if you're starting a research project with heavy bias.

Edited by BillyHorrible

Of course you're getting consistencies. Your poll is made to have people complain about Ubisoft, only so much that can be said before people start repeating themselves.

As far as a research project goes, I think this is a really biased one. You as a researcher have strong negative feelings towards Ubisoft apparently, and the survey is definitely not a neutral one. I'd take a further look at that if I were you before I would show it to my teacher, let alone to the company itself.

If you're creating a true neutral survay and people come with only negative responses that's one thing. but your poll is created to only talk about the bad stuff and you're even in this thread talking about your intention to bundle together complaints, which is really not how a neutral survey should work.

I'm all for telling a developer/publisher what people don't like about their products but there's a couple of conflicts of interest in this work if you're starting a research project with heavy bias.

The whole purpose of my module is to write the project on how a company I feel, is going about some of its activities the wrong way, so of course I wrote the survey in a way that has a bit of bias. The whole point is to take the complaints people have and use them in my work as that's the point of my module; not to make the company look all good and devoid of problems.

You're not studying this degree or the modules within it so I understand you've pre-judged in some areas :) I'm also sorry if this survey inconveniences your love for Ubisoft but that's the whole objective of my research; to identify the problems with Ubisoft and their products.

It's purposefully not intended to be neutral.

Edited by Gladiator995

The purpose of my module is to write the project on how a company I feel, is going about some of its activities the wrong way, so of course I wrote the survey in a way that has a bit of bias. The whole point is to take the complaints people have and use them in my work as that's the point of my module; not to make the company look all good and devoid of problems.

You're not studying this degree or the modules within it so I understand you've pre-judged in some areas :) I'm sorry if this survey inconveniences your love for Ubisoft but that's the whole objective of my research; to identify the problems with Ubisoft and their products.

I did not know the module was okay with having a bias, sorry for that. I've studied mathematics on a university together with physicists and computer sciences with psychology next door, so I'm used to thinking that all research has to be without bias. What exactly are you studying?

The survey does not inconvenience my "love" for Ubisoft, on the contrary (I like Assassin's Creed but I think they've made a lot of wrong choices). My only point was that, being a scientist myself, I expect to see research being done without bias. I had really not expected a course with a research part to be okay with bias in the research...

So I guess that the survey only inconveniences my love for proof and facts over opinions and opinion-based arguments :)

I did not know the module was okay with having a bias, sorry for that. I've studied mathematics on a university together with physicists and computer sciences with psychology next door, so I'm used to thinking that all research has to be without bias. What exactly are you studying?

The survey does not inconvenience my "love" for Ubisoft, on the contrary (I like Assassin's Creed but I think they've made a lot of wrong choices). My only point was that, being a scientist myself, I expect to see research being done without bias. I had really not expected a course with a research part to be okay with bias in the research...

So I guess that the survey only inconveniences my love for proof and facts over opinions and opinion-based arguments :)

Not a problem, we all make mistakes :)  Foundation Degree Business over in the UK! If the module asked for a project that identifies both good and bad areas of the the company then by all means I'd present my research methods in such a way but that's not the case here.

The reason I selected Ubisoft in the first place, is because there's a such a large amount of criticism, about their products in regards to downgrades and gameplay features being used repeatedly as well as other problems. I've also acquired feedback using other methods so I've now got a large amount of information for me to put in my project :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...