Can't see the border color

haljor

As much as I want to enjoy this game, it's frustrating because I can't see the border colors on my screen.  I can move the cursor outside the display area and the game hasn't reminded me in a while (did it stop giving me hints after so many failures?).

Resizing the display area from the PS4 menu didn't help.  Any suggestions?

As much as I want to enjoy this game, it's frustrating because I can't see the border colors on my screen.  I can move the cursor outside the display area and the game hasn't reminded me in a while (did it stop giving me hints after so many failures?).

Resizing the display area from the PS4 menu didn't help.  Any suggestions?

Maybe it is the aspect ratio on your TV. Do you accidentally have it on Zoom, Wide or anything like that? It would be a good idea to double check. Mine has a setting called "Just Scan" that works good. I never have to mess with resizing the display. I don't have the game itself so I am not sure if it is just an issue with the game.

• Like 1

It's not a zoom setting on the TV.  When I go to Display Settings on the PS4, where you adjust the screen size so the white corners are at the edges of the TV screen, they're right.  Other things are properly sized as well (blu ray player, other games).  All of my AV goes through the amp before the TV so I only turn the TV on or off, nothing else gets changed.

Bad enough the trophies seem to be glitched.  It was a fun $4 for the rounds I did manage to play so it's not a total loss.

It's not a zoom setting on the TV.  When I go to Display Settings on the PS4, where you adjust the screen size so the white corners are at the edges of the TV screen, they're right.  Other things are properly sized as well (blu ray player, other games).  All of my AV goes through the amp before the TV so I only turn the TV on or off, nothing else gets changed.

Bad enough the trophies seem to be glitched.  It was a fun $4 for the rounds I did manage to play so it's not a total loss.

Gotcha. Have you checked out a Youtube video or anything to see if that is just how the game is?

• 4 months later...

I've had this problem as well and it was frustrating enough that I stopped playing. Checked the PS4 settings, checked my TV settings and there was nothing to indicate it was a problem with either of those two things. Plus, every other game worked out fine.I'd hate to YouTube the solutions but no patch has every come out for the game so I may just go that. Damn shame because I found it to be a fun puzzler (when you had all the pieces available to you).

• 6 years later...
On 10/6/2016 at 5:41 AM, skateak said:

Maybe it is the aspect ratio on your TV. Do you accidentally have it on Zoom, Wide or anything like that? It would be a good idea to double check. Mine has a setting called "Just Scan" that works good. I never have to mess with resizing the display. I don't have the game itself so I am not sure if it is just an issue with the game.

Hey, that worked for me! My TV has that setting too, thanks for the tip. 

Btw the text of the game is still ginormous, it prolly has to do with my screen resolution (mine is pretty small and supports up to 1080p).

At least I can play the game now.