Uber Hero trophy but I didn't beat the game on Uber?

I just finished the campaign. At first, I was playing on Uber difficulty to get the trophy, but around chapter 11 I switched it to the easiest difficulty possible in order to get through the game and actually beat it. I was just getting so impatient with the game, and since I just wanted to beat it I changed the difficulty. Once I beat the game, i thought I'd only get the trophy for beating the game on any difficulty, but then surprisingly I got the Uber hero trophy (complete the game on Uber), even though FOR THE LAST 5-6 CHAPTERS I WAS PLAYING ON THE EASIEST DIFFICULTY! I don't know if the game still thought I was playing on Uber, or if for some reason changing the difficulty and then beating the game on one playthrough unlocked it, or maybe even it was just finishing a majority of levels on Uber is what unlocked it, but I'm super happy I got the trophy. I wanted to say this, just in case anyone else playing on Uber finds it too hard to beat, at least for me going through a majority of the game on Uber, then changing it to a different difficulty, and then completing the game once on this difficulty in one sitting allowed for the Uber trophy to unlock.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/10/2016 at 11:17 PM, ali_naruto said:

I just finished the campaign. At first, I was playing on Uber difficulty to get the trophy, but around chapter 11 I switched it to the easiest difficulty possible in order to get through the game and actually beat it. I was just getting so impatient with the game, and since I just wanted to beat it I changed the difficulty. Once I beat the game, i thought I'd only get the trophy for beating the game on any difficulty, but then surprisingly I got the Uber hero trophy (complete the game on Uber), even though FOR THE LAST 5-6 CHAPTERS I WAS PLAYING ON THE EASIEST DIFFICULTY! I don't know if the game still thought I was playing on Uber, or if for some reason changing the difficulty and then beating the game on one playthrough unlocked it, or maybe even it was just finishing a majority of levels on Uber is what unlocked it, but I'm super happy I got the trophy. I wanted to say this, just in case anyone else playing on Uber finds it too hard to beat, at least for me going through a majority of the game on Uber, then changing it to a different difficulty, and then completing the game once on this difficulty in one sitting allowed for the Uber trophy to unlock.

I played all but the final 3 chapters on Uber difficulty. After getting frustrated with not being able to fight off a wave of enemies at the beginning of Chapter 14, I decided to forget about trying to Platinum it and settle for just beating the game. The Uber Hero trophy came as a surprise, because most games which I'm allowed to switch the difficulty during the campaign would have just gave me the trophy for the difficulty I ended up beating it on. 

• Like 2