PSN refusing Paypal

evilartifact

So, I tried getting some games from PSN, and the one I got from PS3 worked, I got the game, but when I tried to get 2 games off PS4, it refused my card, said my Paypal wasn't valid. I haven't changed it, and it is the same one I usually use. I tried adding funds to my wallet, and it refused both my Paypal AND card, on PS3, Web, and PS4. I managed to get the games through a PSN Wallet code, but it was a very roundabout way of doing so.

Has this problem happened to anyone else? Also, sorry if this has been posted, I did a search and couldn't find anything for this recently.

Whenever i use paypal it gives me an error. However the error happens after i login with paypal, which means that the transaction will still go through. After a couple of minutes my paypal balance updates with the new transaction. I've had this happen to me for a while now. The first time this happened was when i wanted to buy a year worth of plus. It gave me the error and i tried it again, buying another year of plus in the process.

Yeah, I was getting errors too, except the transaction never went through. Was at this for nearly an hour before I decided to chance it with a prepaid PSN card. Thankfully that went through and I got the games. Will have to do my business with prepaid PSN cards, probably safer that way too.

• Like 1

a year ago or so, PSN started to reject my credit card for whatever reasons... it still works fine everywhere else, so it's not a problem with the card.

if I want to add credits via PayPal I have to enter stuff from my government-issued ID every time, because of age restrictions and stuff here in Germany. 

so basically I'm only buying prepaid cards for quite some time now. ;)

Edited by dernop

a year ago or so, PSN started to reject my credit card for whatever reasons... it still works fine everywhere else, so it's not a problem with the card.

if I want to add credits via PayPal I have to enter stuff from my government-issued ID every time, because of age restrictions and stuff here in Germany. 

so basically I'm only buying prepaid cards for quite some time now. ;)

I know how you feel, it seems I will be buying prepaid cards too, which isn't too bad since the nearest game shop is a 15 minute walk from me, so it leaves me with 15 minutes to decide how badly I want something lol.

• Like 1

I know how you feel, it seems I will be buying prepaid cards too, which isn't too bad since the nearest game shop is a 15 minute walk from me, so it leaves me with 15 minutes to decide how badly I want something lol.

the supermarket, where i buy all my everyday needs, has psn cards and is not even a five minute walk away. but to be perfectly honest: i mostly just buy psn cards digitally off amazon. they get delivered instantly and i even get amazon points for it if i buy those with my amazon creditcard... so i even get some money back for doing that ;)

the supermarket, where i buy all my everyday needs, has psn cards and is not even a five minute walk away. but to be perfectly honest: i mostly just buy psn cards digitally off amazon. they get delivered instantly and i even get amazon points for it if i buy those with my amazon creditcard... so i even get some money back for doing that ;)

That sounds cool, I get the prepay codes from Gamestop since they are pretty much the only people in my town who do them. Can't get them digitally from Amazon cause there is no Irish Amazon, closest we have is the UK one and they only have the codes in pounds.