Optimal Farming Locations

I was talking to Walter a bit about this and decided that I should probably see what other people have to say about this topic.

Early game farming:

5-15: Last Blocks (Saturn) - very easy mobs for about 1k xp a fight, with xp up, you might be able to take this to level 20

20-45: ??? (feel free to suggest)

45-64: Forest God in Virtua Forest (Dreamcast Dimension)

End Game farming:

Before going into this, please note that there needs to be a good balance between xp and fights because both times that I have gotten the platinum on the game and used a straight lily rank grinding method, I ended up with my lowest level character barely at lvl 97, causing me to need to do a bunch of extra fights to get to level 99. As a result, it might not be ideal to do a full lily rank focus. Below are the various strategies I heard of and my numbers after doing a quick test on them. (All test are performed assuming you can use symbol attack to finish off every mob)

Toypolis Floor 2: (Undisputed best location to do lily rank farming)

From the floor entrance, take out to the 2 mobs right in front of you. Followed by the enemy in the middle pen. Then jump on stage, take out those 2, and then take out the remaining 6 in the counterclockwise circle.

A near perfect run took me 1:09, killed 11 mobs, and assuming each mob is worth on average 20k, netted 220k xp

Which means, it gives 191.3k xp/min and 9.57 kills/min .

Toypolis Floor 3:

In the bottom right corner, take out the 1 mob lower area and then follow that by jumping up and climbing under the wall for another mob. Go back under the wall and go up to fight 2 more mobs.  End this by going back to down to the lower area and waiting for the mob to spawn again.

2 near perfect runs took me 1:27, killed 8 mobs, and assuming each mob is worth on average 40k, netted 320k xp

Which means, it gives 220k xp/min and 5.52 kills/min .

God Dream Town:

From the spawning point, run down the ramp and kill the 2 mobs that are just spawning. Run forward some more and kill the 2 mobs on the road. Go further along the road and kill the next 2 mobs. Wrap up the run by running down the stairs and kill the last 3 mobs on the side of where you started. Then open the item menu, select the Eject button (last item hopefully), and then enter the town again.

2 near perfect runs took me 2:16, killed 18 mobs, and assuming each mob is worth on average 30k, netted 320k xp

Which means, it gives 238.2k xp/min and 7.94 kills/min .

So from my quick test, running a mostly Toypolis Floor 2 setup mixed with a bit of God Dream Town seems to be ideal, but running a 1-2minute test is far from enough data to say things are accurate. Anyone want to check the accuracy of my numbers? Do you have a better suggestion to tryout? I'm open for any ideas and opinions you have because I'll probably be running this game a third time at a later date, and I want to improve my plat time. (For those that care, I platted my American copy with my ingame clock at 17hrs, including all of the time spent reading dialogue. I'm pretty sure that with the right route you can plat this game in less than 15hrs)

For anyone that was interested in writing a guide, I was planning to write one, but with how I haven't even started doing a different game I wanted to write a guide for, feel free to use any of my information listed above.

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, Wdog-999 said:

I did a test of this and I was getting 20k on average from the God Dream Town, so unless there's some weird shit going on with that dungeon, it doesn't seem to be a very good place to do the grind.

I'll run some more precise test later then. I know I did a few too many estimations on xp count when I did those runs. It still feels weird that Toypolis Floor 3 has a huge downtime because of the fact that there are only 4 spawns, and having to crawl for 1 of them.