Limits.

CrimsonFalzar

So, I've been really curious about the limits of mods on PS4 what are these limits and is it possible to just make a simple mod like

Making a Dragonbone bow with Fires 40% faster than a standard bow?

The Zephyr Bow has this ability but its limited to just this bow. Would it be possible to give the ability to another weapon and increase the value?

Or does this fall along the scripts line? 

I haven't poked around much in the thing, but in Morrowind's construction set, bow firing speed was governed by a simple number value in a datafield for the item's metadata. You change the number in the metadata, you change the firing speed. This says that the Zephyr's firing speed is 1.0 while the Dragonbone Bow's speed is 0.75, so I imagine changing it in Skyrim is the same way. And Enchantments were just something you could add from a menu or something like that.

This is an explanation of the metadata behind creating a weapon, I'm guessing at least for the PC version, but it gives you an idea of what to expect. You could probably look to see how the Zephyr's innate enchantment looks to see how you'd add it to a Dragonbone Bow.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1