My Problem with Nitro Cells

Is that they are too powerful. They aren't used to create choke points as intended, they're used as grenades essentially. Nobody ever places them during the prep phase, they wait and use them when they have no other choice. They are especially strong against shield characters. That's the first thing that comes out when a defender encounters a shield. They back around a corner, throw C4, and hope for the best. Which almost always kills the shield because of how slow they move. I think that it should do less damage when the explosion is absorbed by the shield. I also think there should be a waiting period for the C4 to prime.

It's basically the only way of effectively killing Montagne or Flash... If it weren't for C4, they would be OP af against defenders who don't stick together. Try using it on non-shielded operators as defender, you will barely get kills. It's pretty much made to counter shielders.

It's basically the only way of effectively killing Montagne or Flash... If it weren't for C4, they would be OP af against defenders who don't stick together. Try using it on non-shielded operators as defender, you will barely get kills. It's pretty much made to counter shielders.

I wouldn't say it's the only way. Kapkan traps are useful as well as the impact grenades. Shield operators are meant to stay with a group and lead them forward. If they go off alone they get severely punished with a double team. My point is since you can always hear shields, it most likely means there's at least 2 people there which is game for some Nitro cell kills.

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2016 at 0:11 AM, Trugo314 said:

Is that they are too powerful. They aren't used to create choke points as intended, they're used as grenades essentially. Nobody ever places them during the prep phase, they wait and use them when they have no other choice. They are especially strong against shield characters. That's the first thing that comes out when a defender encounters a shield. They back around a corner, throw C4, and hope for the best. Which almost always kills the shield because of how slow they move. I think that it should do less damage when the explosion is absorbed by the shield. I also think there should be a waiting period for the C4 to prime.

It's not placed in the prep cause they do too much noise. You can basicaly hear it from outside the site and the blinking light make it really easy to spot.

If you throw it at someone and blow it like a instant granade, you can use it if you are behind someone and it doesn't reveal your position,it shread shield operators and you open emergency holes to escape.

If they lower the sound and the light it would be use more defensive. Also it would be a good idea to put an animation to set it up and not a throw (like the door/wall charges)

Very happy that they've buffed the shield operator's, I still find it hard to play as Blitz or Fuze (with a shield) because of impact grenades and also nitro cells. Even though they've been buffed I still feel as though they're too powerful and there's almost nothing you can do about it once it's been thrown at you.

Montagne on the other hand has also been buffed and has become more efficient (to me anyway), this is mainly when he's using his ability (extended shield). I'm finding now that people are using impact grenades against shield operator's which takes almost half of your health per grenade. This isn't what they were intended for so I think they should be nerfed because they are becoming an immediate death for shield  operator's. 

Getting back to the original question I think they should be nerfed, maybe so you have to plant it instead of being able to throw it (if it's thrown to a group of people and takes 2 or 3 out that already makes it hard for that team to win) although I do agree that they are very easy to spot when planted an can hear them from quite far away.