Time Trials?

SWilhelmStorck

Is there any trick to these? Even when using shortcuts and having clean runs it at times seems impossible to even shave 1 second off the time? Does anyone know if drifting increases speed, it seems to be a slight improvement to time when using but even so getting 1st seems so far off...  :S

Bonus question: 

I tried to get the pigeon trophy but it didnt pop when I got it and came in first place and now the hat is gone from the track... Even if the trophy is glitched does it count towards hats total that I picked it up, so I can still get all hats or am I pretty screwed and need to start all over?  :rolleyes:

Once you get a hat successfully won from a race or picnic and you finish first, you need to go back to the entrance to the race and it should appear on the left or right side

Once you drive over it your bear starts wearing it until you swap to another

So go to the race that had the pigeon hat and by the right hand side you should see the hat which you drive over to get the trophy

As for the time trials, some are easy and some not so. Its the shortcuts that make the difference. Drifting seems to have little bearing apart from tight corners

I just gave up as I really could not stand playing this horrible title any longer.

Good luck with your attempts matey

Edited by Evertonian

Just an update on this topic... 

I got both trophies now, it seemed all I needed to do with the pidgeon hat was to wear it after the race (Thought the trophy would pop while I was in the race/food battle) And so I also got all the hats trophy :-)

Now for the time trials... It really comes down to cornering as you mentioned and shortcuts. I found that when the wheels turn blue from drifting it gives a small boost, atleast when its going downhill (Might be my imagination) But that's as much as advice goes... Some of these time trials were really a pain in the neck... 

Good luck to everyone else doing these time trials :-)