Chapter 6 Won't Progress

GhostiesBTFO

So after killing the robots at the very start of the chapter, the game just refuses to progress. No dialogue comes up, nothing. I can only just walk slowly. I've watched videos were a dialogue sequence comes up that opens the door an progresses. Doesn't happen to me. To make matters worse if I pause the game and select 'load checkpoint' the game enters an infinite loading screen. Load chapter shows no chapter and freezes the game. I've quit the game and pressed continue/load game and what do you know, infinite loading screen. Restarted the campaign TWICE and this has happened. (I have Chapter 5-4 saved into a cloud btw) I am on my last leg with this disgusting game and have found no solution for this so if anyone has one; it would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

10 minutes ago, ThatWhiteGuy98 said:

So after killing the robots at the very start of the chapter, the game just refuses to progress. No dialogue comes up, nothing. I can only just walk slowly. I've watched videos were a dialogue sequence comes up that opens the door an progresses. Doesn't happen to me. To make matters worse if I pause the game and select 'load checkpoint' the game enters an infinite loading screen. Load chapter shows no chapter and freezes the game. I've quit the game and pressed continue/load game and what do you know, infinite loading screen. Restarted the campaign TWICE and this has happened. (I have Chapter 5-4 saved into a cloud btw) I am on my last leg with this disgusting game and have found no solution for this so if anyone has one; it would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Digital or Disc copy?

1 hour ago, ThatWhiteGuy98 said:

Digital copy. I got it 3 years back when it was free for PlayStation Plus and finally decided to get around to it.

That is a bummer man. I had a physical copy but never had the issue. How long have you had your PS3? I hate to be the one saying it might be your HDD.

Edited by skateak
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, skateak said:

That is a bummer man. I had a physical copy but never had the issue. How long have you had your PS3? I hate to be the one saying it might be your HDD.

I've had my 500 GB PS3 for 3 years too. I kind of doubt it's the HDD, been playing Fallout 3 and Assassin's Creed II and haven't had any problems. I remember there is a problem with LittleBigPlanet Karting and how you can't connect online with the digital version and have to buy the disc. I'll buy the physical version of Binary Domain to see if it works. If it doesn't, I'll go somewhere to get my PS3 inspected.

I have the digital copy and exactly a 500GB ps3 slim model, I never ran into any freezing / bugs / glitches and infinite loading times at all, I even unlocked every single story mode trophy but left the multiplayer ones...

I know it's pain to do but, try deleting the game and re-install it again, or delete the the patches/installing data and re-download them again and see if it's help.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

I have the digital copy and exactly a 500GB ps3 slim model, I never ran into any freezing / bugs / glitches and infinite loading times at all, I even unlocked every single story mode trophy but left the multiplayer ones...

I know it's pain to do but, try deleting the game and re-install it again, or delete the the patches/installing data and re-download them again and see if it's help.

Alright I'll try this out. Thanks a ton, mate.

Edited by ThatWhiteGuy98

46 minutes ago, ThatWhiteGuy98 said:

Alright I'll try this out. Thanks a ton, mate.

Ah, I thought I read that you had already deleted it and re-downloaded. I bought a physical copy near when it came out and didn't have any issues.  I am pretty confident that will solve your issue. I have had a similar issue with a different digital download and deleting/re-downloading fixed it. 

Edited by skateak
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, skateak said:

Ah, I thought I read that you had already deleted it and re-downloaded. I bought a physical copy near when it came out and didn't have any issues.  I am pretty confident that will solve your issue. I have had a similar issue with a different digital download and deleting/re-downloading fixed it. 

Yep it did fix it! Thank you and yellowwindow7 for the support. I really appreciate the help!:D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThatWhiteGuy98 said:

Yep it did fix it! Thank you and yellowwindow7 for the support. I really appreciate the help!:D

Nice! Looks like the data got borked while downloading it or something. Hope you enjoy the game. I found it highly underrated and would have went for the plat if it wasn't for the insane multiplayer grind. I am not a huge fan of boosting because I get bored very quickly into the processes. A very good game tough. I wish Sega would take more risks and publish more games like this. 

• Like 2