Abilities, Weapon upgrades on new game+

jodokast30

So here's tonights long read (possibly). I'm in the midst of an intense period where I wan't to 100% TLOU remastered as quick as possible. 

Just cleared easy but was stupid enough to overwrite my save when picking up a cal of artifacts I missed through chapter select. 

Sidenote: I only use one save because a year ago I lost a halfway through play session on TLOU on PS3 due to having to many saves and overwriting the wrong one when saving etc. After that I've kept it simple playing with only one save slot active and re-loading directly if I do a bad play.

So thanks to the mentioned above I managed to over write my game save where I finished TLOU remastered on easy. However, after discovering this mess I decided to play through to the first workbench to see if the mechanics level had transferred. When getting to the first workbench it says I'm on level 2 out of 5. In my original easy play through I got level 5 and upgraded flamethrower and El Diablo fully. On my original play through I'd also managed to upgrade all Joel's ability boxes but three of them. When starting new game plus I get to start with no upgrades but 170 pills. Which is not nearly near the amount of pills from the first play through.

I thought weapon upgrades and abilities were transported over completely through the player profile. But it sure doesn't look like it. It feels more like it uses some tracking from the save file. For example the last artifact I picked up through chapter select I think I had similar amounts of pills and weapon materials. 

Is there anyway I can start a new game+ plus where I get all the assets from the start? Starting with lvl 2 on weapons will most likely take at least one more entire play through to get all weapons upgraded. It sucks since I waited with all weapon upgrades until I got level 5 to be able to be sure I could fully upgrade El Diablo and the flamethrower. 

What would you guys do? I'm in a similar spot on my PS3 version as well. Haven't done survivor or grounded on either platform so I need to do them as well but hoping being able to pull off the grounded+ glitch. So not that interested in doing the upgrading on harder settings. 

You don't have a PS+ backup of the savefile you overwrote? And yeah, the game reads your last savefile which is a shame. I would have loved to replay the same chapter over and over to max out the weapons instead of doing it through a half third playthrough. I had to max them out again on Gronded++ because I had to start NG++ over instead of using the NG++ maxed out easy savefile.

I have a back-up on PS+ unfortunately its synced with the actual file on my PS4 so its also over written. So I'm basically screwed over then. 

Whats my best option is it even possible to upgrade pills and weapon through two grounded playthroughs? I'd also been hoping to do the new game plus glitch on grounded but not if it means I have to go back to easier difficulty to clean up these trophies... Damn I'm pissed off that the craft level and the pills don't transfer over through the profile file rather than the save... I'm a it surprised to not having seen this issue been brought up by that many others. 

4 hours ago, jodokast30 said:

I have a back-up on PS+ unfortunately its synced with the actual file on my PS4 so its also over written. So I'm basically screwed over then. 

Whats my best option is it even possible to upgrade pills and weapon through two grounded playthroughs? I'd also been hoping to do the new game plus glitch on grounded but not if it means I have to go back to easier difficulty to clean up these trophies... Damn I'm pissed off that the craft level and the pills don't transfer over through the profile file rather than the save... I'm a it surprised to not having seen this issue been brought up by that many others. 

2 grounded runs? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, do easy+ and then grounded++ in revert, no point in struggling