Trophy Thoughts?

TheDreaminHawk

Being the first PS2 on PS4 game I was really excited for pre-launch since I got the system, I'm quite disappointed that this collection is only getting bronze trophies, and not even a platinum like Metal Slug Anthology did. :( I'm probably going to get this one day though, mostly because it's an SNK rerelease that isn't just another Street Fighter Ripoff (there are some fighting games here but the other non-fighters are what make me interested) Depending on price and other things I'll pick it up on launch if it's around $10 or hold it off for a bit if it's 15+

• 4 months later...

I got the 100% last night. I liked the trophy set but it's pretty easy and a wasted opportunity to have some harder trophies & a platinum. The only hard trophy for me was beating AODK/GanGan with Kisarah (you can avoid two playthroughs if you use this character) because I wasn't used to the game & it got really hard right around the second last stage. I had to try about four times before I could do it, if I had a joystick rather than the ps4 pad it probably wouldn't have taken that many goes though. I don't know why the Twinkle Star Sprites trophies are the rarest, those are trivial but not everyone has the shooting love spirit I guess.

I got it on sale so the games were barely more than a dollar each, feels like I got my moneys worth. Twinkle Star Sprites is pretty much infinitely replayable. Even the very dodgy Ninja Combat has some great 2D stuff to look at along the way. I had a blast going through that one in a 2 player session.

• Like 1

I eventually bought this myself, but I'm finding the move related trophies for the godawful ninja game (the actual street fighter knock off, as GanGan had more depth than I thought and it was more like Double Dragon mode B than anything else.) very tough to do as all the characters have insanely long movements that need to be pulled off, and I can never get it right in single player it seems. Would love to know if there's a character I could cheese that with.

ironically, the Kisarah trophy was very easy once I found the controls out. Hitting the CPU at the very very top made them easy to manipulate and cheese, plus her ultimate move was easy to pull off and did tons of damage when it hits

• 3 years later...

I’ve only played Twinkle Star so far, and besides needing to figure out what caused a perfect it’s been easy so far. Looking forward to trying the other games in this collection. Twinkle Star wasn’t the right kind of bullet hell for me, but the VS aspect was interesting.

Nothing here seems un-doable. I think I’ll be able to get these by the end of the week depending on how much time I dedicate to it.

Edit: Finally came back to finish it up. The fighting games are the toughest part of this 100%, but not terrible. The in game stuff being only in Japanese sucks, but looking up a guide on the special moves wasn’t bad. The Ninja Master’s game gave me the most trouble. Learning how desperation and finishers was a little rough, but completely doable.

Edited by PsienceWins

• 1 year later...
On 16/07/2017 at 7:44 AM, Drag-On-Detritus said:

I don't know why the Twinkle Star Sprites trophies are the rarest, those are trivial but not everyone has the shooting love spirit I guess.

What makes these trophies rare IMO is that Bullet Heck and All Fall Down depend not only on skill but also on RNG and what the computer-controlled opponent decides to do.  Some sequences for All Fall Down are very easy to perfect, almost without trying, others not so much.  On top of that, in later levels the enemies often have shields which makes it harder to perfect a sequence.  It's easiest on the first level, but the issue is that getting a perfect lobs projectiles at your opponent, who may be defeated well before you reach five perfects if they don't dodge enough.  I used this video to get it.  Basically I would get a perfect if I knew a sequence, and if I didn't recognize the next one, quickly pause, watch to see how this player did it after finding the same sequence in the video, copy what they did and then repeat until I got five in a row.

Perfect sequences

Bullet Heck is hard because getting a boss to even appear is rare and depends on a lot of uncontrollable factors.  The opponent either needs to reach full meter, at which point they can charge up and release a boss (this virtually never happens before either you or they are defeated), or you have to shoot a large number of their projectiles back at them, which they then have to shoot back at you, which will then cause a boss to appear.  It's more likely they will dodge or just be killed when you volley their projectiles back at them.  At low difficulty levels you may never see a boss at all.  At MVS difficulty, the last two opponents will summon bosses more frequently, but they are hard to beat.  They'll either kill you, or you'll die from other projectiles while battling the boss, or the boss will leave the screen before you can kill it.  Even two bombs is not enough to defeat a boss - it takes at least that plus a full charge shot, maybe more.

All that said, some bosses are easier to hit than others (the guy with the jetpack's boss is particularly easy).  It's entirely possible that some people could get both Bullet Heck and All Fall Down randomly without trying, depending on what the computer throws at you, but that was definitely not my experience.  This guide explains how to get bosses to appear.

Boss guide

Also, this video helped me get through the first level of Ninja Combat without losing a life.

Edited by MvComedy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MvComedy said:

What makes these trophies rare IMO is that Bullet Heck and All Fall Down depend not only on skill but also on RNG and what the computer-controlled opponent decides to do. 

I think looking at that old comment I was just being a silly bugger wanting to make a Triangle Service reference for no reason in particular. I barely remember doing the trophy set but I did find a video like that showing off the Twinkle Star Sprites gameplay system at the time which would have helped. What I mean by trivial though is it's only a very brief amount of gameplay needed to fulfil those requirements. It might take some retries & also waiting the right conditions to occur but it's over pretty fast.

That's great info though with all that detail, nice one!