CooperThief's Plat Cabinet

CooperThief

Hey guys! I've been on the site for a while, mainly just keeping my own trophies updated, but I've just stumbled upon this section of the forum and decided to display my own little collection of platinums. I'm by no means an expert trophy hunter, but hopefully I can share a little bit of my history with you!

Platinum #1: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus [True Thievius Raccoonus - #283 @ May 12, 2011]

1Mc8ecd4.png

Spoiler

I remember I was home sick one day, so I decided to start playing the Sly Collection that I had just recently bought. I started in the morning, played all through the afternoon, and was surprised when I was able to get the platinum before the end of the day. The collection is pretty well known for its easy platinums, so these should be no surprise. You basically only have to play through the story and collect some of the hidden items on the side. Out of the four games in the series, this one is probably my least favorite, but since it's the first one and Sucker Punch was trying out a new concept, I can't really fault them. It's nevertheless a fun game. It's certainly very different than the other three games, which lends it a certain charm.

Platinum #2: Sly 2: Band of Thieves [Unlikely Bandit - #367 @ July 16, 2011]

1M89cc3b.png

Spoiler

Sly 2 was the reason I bought a PS2. I remember considering which of three consoles to get (PS2, GC, Xbox), and once I saw this game, I had made my decision. Playing it on the PS3 was an awesome experience. It's a huge step forward in the series in terms of gameplay, story, and characters. The atmosphere in each level is very distinct and gets you in a "heisty" sort of mood. I love the missions, as they all are part of a set up to a grand heist at the end of the chapter. I could go on and on, but the game was and still is one of my favorites. Difficulty wise, I'd say it's about the same as the previous game. If you enjoy the story from start to finish and buy some power-ups, you should be good to go.

Platinum #3: Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves [Master Thief - #688 @ February 2, 2012]

1M50386a.png

Spoiler

Ironically, this was the first Sly Cooper game I played. Though I still consider Sly 2 my favorite, this one is a close second. Sly 3 has a lot more variety of gameplay, which is nice because it mixes things up a bit, but bad in a way because it detracts from the overall feeling of pulling off a heist. You'll do things like pirate ship battles and biplane dogfights. In contrast to the dark feel of the second game, a lot of the environments in 3 are much brighter, which I think fits with the overall feel of the game. Instead of collecting Clockwork parts, you're collecting new members of the crew, which is a cool twist given that each new member provides a unique ability to your team. Again, the platinum is none too difficult. Buy some upgrades on your way to finishing the game.

Platinum #4: Uncharted: Golden Abyss [Platinum - #818 @ April 8, 2012]

1M2e2be9.png

Spoiler

This was my first game on the Vita, and I was blown away with the fact that I was able to play Uncharted on the go. I would dare say that the graphics are even better than Uncharted 1. The gunplay took a little getting used to, but it felt natural once you wrapped your head around it. One thing that I loved about this game that I think no other Uncharted games do is the treasure system. Each treasure or artifact you find has a unique little backstory to it in relation to the overall narrative. You may find a pendant belonging to a woman who was captured by the Panamanian military, or a carving of an ancient Peruvian god. Uncharted 4 did something similar to this, but I thought that this was the best example of treasure hunting in the series. It felt meaningful and impactful. The platinum is standard Uncharted fair: Kill however many people with this gun, etc. I thought that the treasures this time around were particularly easy to find. I don't think I even needed a guide.

Platinum #5: Resistance: Burning Skies [Platinum - #869 @ June 11, 2012]

1Mf7d211.png

Spoiler

Resistance is a pretty fun series. It's certainly not my favorite, but the unique guns and the interesting world make up for its shortcomings. I'm not particularly interested in the actual story of the games, but the atmosphere (that of a World War II era world invaded by alien-monster-thingamawhatzits) is pretty cool. For a Vita game, Burning Skies is pretty fun. Some of the guns are cool if not already played out in previous games. There is an online component that was absolute trash, which isn't really surprising. The platinum is very easy. There are online trophies, but thankfully they can be acquired very quickly and painlessly. I'm not sure if I would return to the game anytime soon, but it was a fun playthrough once.

Platinum #6: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 [Is That All You Got? - #1,326 @ April 13, 2013]

1Mb99473.png

Spoiler

What a game. I'm sure most people have played MW2, but I still consider it a fun game. It was one of the first real online shooters that I picked up. The story, while having a standard CoD nonsensicality to it, is nevertheless very fun. Plenty of environments, plenty of baddies to kill, plenty of military gadgets to play with. All in all, a very fun romp. Getting the platinum requires a veteran playthrough, which isn't bad when you compare it to other games on the highest difficulty. I personally tried to find all of the intel without a guide, but I had to look up some of the last few (who puts a laptop in the middle of snowmobile chase ?!). Other than that, the hardest part was getting 69 stars in spec ops. Though the missions were numbingly difficult at times, my friend and I always had a blast playing them. Killing juggernauts in the favela with only explosives is a nail-biting experience. Overall, a fun game through and through.

Platinum #7: Far Cry 3 [Mastered the Jungle - #1,433 @ July 15, 2013]

1M6daaeb.png

Spoiler

I didn't expect to like Far Cry 3. I wasn't particularly impressed with the gameplay, but once I got my hands on it, I couldn't put it down. I hadn't played an FPS in a while that allowed you customize your gear in single player and move around the map with such versatility. You could approach missions from so many different angles. Just driving around in a jeep, jumping out, and paragliding to the next objective was an activity that was always fun. Like GTA, it's just a fun game to mess around in if you're not feeling up to completing story missions or other objectives. The platinum had a few collectibles here and there, as well as some missions around the map ripe for completion. The assassination missions were my particular favorite. Co-op was a real drag to get. I tried to get them online, and I was constantly booted from matches. Nobody would ever pick the fifth mission to play, so I would constantly be placed in earlier missions in hope that I could eventually make it to the end. In hindsight, I could've joined some sessions on this site, but I think this was before I joined. Oh well. Live and learn.

Platinum #8: Virtue's Last Reward [Virtue's Last Reward - #1,675 @ December 29, 2013]

1M42f092.png

Spoiler

Zero Escape is hands down one of my favorite series. I was looking to buy games for my Vita and played the demo for Virtue's Last Reward. There was a short story sequence before entering one of the escape rooms (one of the worst ones in the game, in my opinion). I thought it was fun enough, so I decided to pick it up. By the end, I was blown away with the game. I won't give away any spoilers, but the game is one twist after another of a science fiction and occult type plot. Just when you think the game can't trick you anymore, it throws another curveball. I convinced my friend to play 999 (the previous game in the series), and by the end, his eyes were wide with surprise. The games cannot be beat. The escape rooms, a major component in the game, break up the story sections with fun little puzzles. Only a few times was I completely lost and had to look up a guide. Most of the time the puzzles were a nice break. To get the platinum, you need to go through basically all of the endings. Though this may seem a like a chore, it's actually necessary to get the true ending and is one of the main drawing points of the game. This isn't the type of game where you get one ending and quit. Other than the story, you'll need to unlock some of the secret files in the puzzle rooms. Some of these can be unlocked by accident by just putting it a different password or clicking a different object. With a little tinkering, the platinum can be achieved in one playthrough.

Platinum #9: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 [All In - #1,777 @ March 23, 2014]

1M207d2a.png

Spoiler

Getting the MW3 platinum was essentially the same process as MW2. In fact, much of the game was pretty much the same as MW2, which you could say is both good and bad. I felt like MW2 had a little more charm, but maybe it was just because it had already played out some of the same things before MW3. One new addition to MW3 is survival mode, which can be a fun play when you're in the right mood. You can purchase equipment and teammates to help you fend off waves of pesky Russians. Though it's easy at first, the difficulty ramps up fairly quickly, so you'll need to stay on your toes. Again, other than completing the campaign on Veteran, the main draw here is spec ops, both survival and missions. Like before with MW2, these can be pretty difficult but never so much that you want to give up entirely. With a little patience and know-how, you can blaze through it. Also, the intel. God the intel. Who's leaving this stuff around anyway?

Platinum #10: Hitman: Absolution [Top of Your Game - #1,925 @ November 15, 2014]

1M000fab.png

Spoiler

Many people point to Absolution as the mistake in the Hitman franchise. While I certainly don't think it's the best, I also don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be. The game is much more linear and story-driven than other titles, which dampens the creativity and freedom that you have in certain aspects. But the game still has its fun moments and I feel that the core essence of a Hitman game is still there. The platinum requires a bit of evidence collecting and challenge completion. I was almost at 100% with the play styles when my game glitched and I had to redo all of them from the beginning. That was a little annoying, but it was also humorous killing people thereafter in a variety of ways, from baseball bats to garroting to throwing knives. Contracts mode is a nice addition that adds a little bit of gameplay, but sometimes the missions people post can be a little repetitive. The game is worth checking out despite the hate that surrounds it.

Platinum #11: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception [Platinum - #2,067 @ December 16, 2015]

1Me7d894.png

Spoiler

I'm not sure why I have this platinum when I don't have platinums for UC1 and 2. I usually try to find the treasures without a guide, so perhaps this game has the easiest ones to find. I used a guide to get some of the last ones that I had an impossible time trying to find. Some of them require you to shoot the ceiling in order for them to fall. That seems a little ridiculous. People say UC3 is worse than UC2. I think they're about the same. UC2 had a more focused narrative, which I agree with since UC3 has many more locations that don't really fit together. On the other hand, the shipyard level in UC3, while maybe not making sense in the grand scheme of the plot, was one of my favorite environments to play around in. The sand environments, especially in the remastered version, are incredible to just look at it, let alone play around in. Like other Uncharteds, the main difficulty here, if you can call it that, is finding the treasures. The game is a masterpiece, along with the rest of the series, so getting the platinum is no chore.

Platinum #12: Zero Time Dilemma [Zero Escape - #2,298 @ July 9, 2016]

1M01dcec.png

Spoiler

The sequel to Virtue's Last Reward, Zero Time Dilemma has about the same difficulty. Fans of the series consider this game to be the worst of the three. The game was in development hell for quite some time, so I'm just thankful I got to play it. The animations are pretty janky, which takes the player out of the experience a bit. The story also tries to wrap up some of the plot points in a somewhat haphazard way. The series requires no little amount of suspension of disbelief, which I can stomach given the insane plot that the game follows. The puzzles this time around were much easier in my opinion. There were a few that I got stuck for a while on, but I felt that they were fairer in an overall sense. The platinum can largely be achieved through a single playthrough to the true ending. I had one issue with missing a clue (even though I was able to solve the puzzle without it), so I had to backtrack and figure out which room the clue was located in. Overall, I recommend checking out the series. The Nonary Games collection feature the first two games (with full voice acting for 999!). Very fun and mind-bending.

Platinum #13: Persona 4 Dancing All Night [Dancing All Night - #2,463 @ December 15, 2016]

1M4efe18.png

Spoiler

I still need the plat for P4G, but this one will tide me over in the meantime. DAN has a story to that of Arena, which means that it's mostly a visual novel with some dancing sections to break it up. While not quite the caliber of the original Persona 4, the story is still fun and it's nice to see the characters interact with one another. One thing that I wish you could do in the story mode was change the difficulty of the dancing sections. I practiced on hard in free dance, but once I got to story mode, I was stuck on easy (as far as I could see, there was no option to change difficulty). But let me move on the music. The music of P4 is incredible, and the mixes included in this game are even better. I find myself listening to the tunes even outside of the game. Some people may consider this type of game to be a cash grab (which may not entirely be wrong), but to me, it's a fun way to play with some of my favorite songs of the game. The platinum requires a playthrough of the story (make sure you do the epilogue, too!) along with purchasing some items here and there. If you love the songs, you'll have a fun time on the way to getting this platinum.

That's all for me so far. I'll be sure to post any future platinums that I achieve. I'm on my way to completing a few as we speak. If you have any questions for me or have spotted any problems, I'd be happy to respond! 

Edited by CooperThief
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum #14: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc [Despair's Last Reward - #2,558 @ April 1, 2017]

1M2f768b.png

Spoiler

I got this game on release but neglected to get the last few trophies on it until just recently. I picked up Danganronpa hearing good things but not really knowing what to expect. The game is certainly one of a kind. The characters are lovable and unique (though I think I prefer some of the ones in Danganronpa 2), and the investigation and trial gameplay is very fun and intense. The series also has one of the best soundtracks that I've continually listened to again and again. The art direction, especially the way the school is laid out, leaves a little to be desired. I'm glad that in Danganronpa 2, the environments were made more lively and interesting to look at. Overall, the platinum was not too difficult to get, mainly just time consuming. You have to fill out everyone's report card, but the time it takes is mitigated by the fun conversations you get to have with people. School mode is the most difficult part, as it took me multiple playthroughs to increase my level to be able to collect materials. I also needed a guide to choose correct dialogue options when conversing with people in my quest for everyone's undergarments (for those who haven't played, yes, you can get each character's panties). Besides that, completing the story mode should suffice. Looking forward to Danganronpa V3 in September for more killing harmony.

Edited by CooperThief
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Great games you've completed! Good luck on your future as a trophy hunter :) Any plans for #20?

I'm almost done with FFXV, so that will probably be my next one. I've also got a few Vita games that have yet to be completed.

In a few days, I'm going to be sucked into Persona 5 for the foreseeable future, so most of my time will be devoted to that lol

44 minutes ago, Tymid said:

Cool, nice list! After reading what you've said about Danganonpa and Virtue's Last Reward, I really want to check out those games. :D 

I would definitely recommend them both! The Vita has been a great system for introducing me to new types of games that I wouldn't have played before.

If you were looking at Virtue's Last Reward, I would recommend picking up The Nonary Games bundle, which has VLR in addition to the previous game, 999. I think it's both for Vita and PS4

• 3 weeks later...

Platinum #15: Final Fantasy XV [The World Wanderer - #2,577 @ April 19, 2017]

1M3306e4.png

Spoiler

When I first got this game, I looked through the trophy list and thought to myself, "This is a game that I can platinum." Sixty some hours later, it turns out I was right. The game was quite the ride. I haven't played too many Final Fantasies, and I think this is the first one I have actually beaten. People have criticized the game's story, and I can agree with some of the claims, but overall I had a fun time. It felt to me that some of the characters appeared far too little to warrant any worth to the story. The main four bros, on the other hand, were a great gang with differing yet complementary personalities. It was nice to see them interact with each other, and they each added something to the group. The platinum didn't require too much grinding outside of the main story. Some of the side quests were a little bland (basically just go to some place and pick up some object), but finding all of the royal arms hidden away across the map was a fun experience. Fighting the adamantoise took me somewhere between 1-2 hours because I was a little underleveled, which was quite tiring. But all in all, a fun experience. I hope to pick up some other FFs in the future.

Edited by CooperThief

• 3 months later...

Platinum #16: Assassin's Creed II [Master Assassin - #2,688 @ July 26, 2017]

1M3dbb6f.png

Spoiler

I beat the game a while ago but I figured I could knock off the remaining trophies pretty easily to get the plat. While the collectible ones were a little annoying, some of the other remaining ones were actually kind of fun trying to get. People say AC2 is the best in the series, and I like it too, but I may not consider it to be the best in the series. It certainly made a number of drastic improvements over AC1, like gameplay that actually varies over the course of the game. I think this game set the standard for the series to follow. I started playing Brotherhood shortly after beating this one, but I only got a few chapters in before feeling that the settings and actions felt too similar to 2, got bored, and quit. Maybe I'll pick it up again someday, but I'm more interested in some of the other games in the series that explore different settings in history.

Edited by CooperThief

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum #17: Rayman Origins [Sweet Dreams! - #2,690 @ August 6, 2017]

1M617977.png

Spoiler

This is my first Rayman game, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It has to be one of the most beautifully designed platformers I've ever played. There is so much detail packed into the levels and characters. The music is very fitting and plays into the whole "happy-go-lucky" vibe that the game gives off. With that being said, the game can also be quite challenging at times. Certain levels require such pinpoint accuracy in jumping that I came close to throwing my Vita against the wall at times. For the most part, however, I found it to be challenging in a good way. You felt a profound sense of accomplishment when completing certain levels. It has a unique charm to it, and I hope to pick up Legends sometime to continue the fun.

Platinum #18: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time [Mask and Stripes Forever - #2,701 @ August 7, 2017]

1Me66550.png

Spoiler

The fourth game in perhaps my favorite series. I was a tad worried to see how it would turn out on the PS3, since the other three games were on the PS2, but I was pleasantly surprised with the game I played. There is so much more detail added to the character models and environments, it feels like a large upgrade from the previous games. As per usual, each of the levels takes place in a unique environment, whether it be medieval England or ancient Japan. The ancestors you play as, in addition to the costumes you acquire, provide a nice change of pace from the usual gameplay, but the classic climbing and sneaking are thankfully still included. Overall, a welcome addition to one of my favorite series. Since the ending left some further story to be told, I'm curious to see if Sly will return on the PS4.

Platinum #19: inFamous 2 [inFAMOUS 2 Platinum Trophy - #2,706 @ August 9, 2017]

1M5a0312.png

Spoiler

After coming back to finish inFamous 2 for the platinum, I had forgotten what an excellent game it was. The environment of New Marais provides a nice change of pace from the grit of Empire City in the first game. In addition to Cole's electric powers, the ice and fire powers that you can take on provide a lot of tools to engage in combat and traverse the environment. It feels like the player has plenty of options to play the way they want. Sometimes, the combat can feel a bit grindy, as I basically spammed the same attack until a large foe collapsed, which took away from the fun. The story and characters are good as well. Zeke and Cole feel like actual friends working together to stop the Beast. Though the story plays pretty much the same depending on if you're good or evil (besides a few missions here and there), having different powers for each effects your playstyle in a meaningful way. It was a fun playthrough.

Edited by CooperThief

• 1 month later...

Platinum #20: Game of Thrones [Lord of Ironrath - #2,723 @ August 10, 2017]

1M69becc.png

Spoiler

Like most Telltale games, this was an easy plat to get. All you have to do is play through the story once. I normally don't play these sorts of games, but it was free for PS Plus so I decided to give it a shot. While I was playing, I compared it to a playing a visual novel without the option to take a break. I understand the use of it in this game, since quicktime events require constant action, but I think that I prefer to play at my own pace. I'm not a huge Game of Thrones fan, but the story and characters were interesting enough. It did suck that some choices ended up taking you down the same path, regardless of what you chose. Some characters can't be saved. I don't mind this in normal, linear games, but the games sort of sets you up to believe that your choices matter. I'm curious to see if they continue the game with Season 2. It was a fun single playthrough, but I wouldn't pick it up again.

Edited by CooperThief

Platinum #21: inFamous Second Son [Enjoy Your Powers - #2,821 @ September 19, 2017]

1M167f52.png

Spoiler

Picked this one up free on PS Plus, and I had a blast playing through it. It feels like an inFamous game on a newer generation of consoles. The game throws even more powers at you than previous titles, and each one of them (smoke, neon, video, and concrete) feel pretty different and offer unique ways to fight enemies and get around the city. Though the story was pretty short, I felt that the characters, especially Delsin and Reggie, were very well acted and made the experience an enjoyable one. The platinum is pretty easy to get, requiring two playthroughs of the game to be good and evil. I've heard that some people felt that this game didn't live up to the legacy of the previous games, but in my opinion, I enjoyed the game and all it had to offer. If Sucker Punch ever releases another entry in the future, I will happily pick it up.

Edited by CooperThief

• 4 weeks later...

Platinum #22: Unit 13 [13-Star General - #2,854 @ October 10, 2017]

1M1e253c.png

Spoiler

Finally finished this game off after many years. This was my third Vita game, and it is a very fun shooter experience on a mobile platform. The missions you go on are pretty short, which is a nice format in my opinion for playing on the go or in a short period of time. There's not much of a story here, but the game can be fun nonetheless. The controls work well for the most part. Shooting on the Vita is never going to be as fluid as on console, but you're given enough tools to make up for this fact. The different game modes provide a nice change of pace: Sometimes you'll be racing against the clock, other times you're only given a limited amount of health. The AI can be pretty dumb at times, and I think it would be nice if there was a greater variety of random placement of guards. Once you've played a level a few times, it's easy to learn their patterns. The platinum wasn't too hard. Most of the work is getting 5 stars in all missions. This can be tricky for a few of them, but playing enough will let you master each level. The most annoying thing I encountered was infinitely spawning enemies in some places. The controls aren't too tight, and you're essentially forced to rush them to stop the spawning. Despite a few frustrations, I think this is one of the better mobile shooters out there.

Edited by CooperThief

• 4 weeks later...

Platinum #23: Just Cause 3 [King of Medici - #2,869 @ October 24, 2017]

1M52ff76.png

Spoiler

This was my first Just Cause game, and I found it to be fairly enjoyable throughout. The grappling mechanic and wingsuit were extremely satisfying ways to move around and destroy your environment. The liberation and destruction of bases got a little repetitive after a while, but the underlying fun remained. The story and characters were rather bland and generic in comparison, however. I don't think I cared about the fates of anybody in the plot, and the missions were basically excuses to blow things up. The scenery of the islands was very beautiful. Sometimes I took a break from the action to stop and look around, and I would realize the detail put in. From snowy mountains to green countrysides to sprawling metropolises, there is quite the variety in the game. The platinum itself was a little tricky to get through. The hardest part in my opinion was getting five stars on every challenge. Some of them made me want to throw my controller, and some were just plain glitchy, requiring pinpoint accuracy to pull off. With enough patience and practice, the plat is definitely attainable.

Edited by CooperThief
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

Platinum #24: Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time [The Lombax Triumphant - #2,938 @ December 31, 2017]

1Mad4995.png

Platinum #25: Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair [Hope's Last Reward - #3,079 @ July 8, 2018]

1Ma4563a.png

Platinum #26: Gravity Rush [It's all Relative - #3,082 @ July 10, 2018]

1M7e2a06.png

Edited by CooperThief