Digital Foundry Scorpio Discussion - Live

FlareXV

It's all going down at 2pm BST/6am Pacific time. I'll updated once the article and video goes online.

The console specs are here:

• 6TF GPU - 2560 cores at 1172MHz
  • CPU - 2.3GHz custom eight core CPU
  • Memory - 12GB GDDR5 with 328GB/s memory bandwidth

The Videos are here:

Edited by FlareXV

Just now, DaivRules said:

Any preview on what's expected to be talked about? Who's going to be a part of this? I don't know what Digital Foundry is, and believe Scorpio is the internal nickname of the new MS console? 

All will be revealed at 2pm/6am. Digital Foundry will be talking about the specs of the upcoming Xbox console and may give us some bench-marks. Some are saying that it has a decent CPU that is good enough to handle 60FPS with taxing graphics settings unlike the XB1/S.

If my PS4 hadn't have shit itself the other day and ended up with my getting a PS4 Pro, I'd have probably considered a Scorpio. I've really dug the Xbone in the nearly year or so I've had it. EA Access is incredible, Gold is pretty sweet in that it's always on sale and there's regular free months (at least for me) and you actually keep the 360 games and so on, the backward compatibility is fucking great (and the main reason I bought the thing to be honest), and so on. They REALLY turned themselves around from 2013 and it's fucking commendable. 

If there's a good trade in offer I'd probably dump my Xbone and upgrade to a Scorpio for the shit of it, but like, I don't have a 4K TV, I just got the Switch a month ago and a PS4 Pro the other day, I've kind of spent a bit much on hardware as of late, plus the Xbone will supposedly play all the games anyways, interesting to see how long that will last.

Just now, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

If my PS4 hadn't have shit itself the other day and ended up with my getting a PS4 Pro, I'd have probably considered a Scorpio. I've really dug the Xbone in the nearly year or so I've had it. EA Access is incredible, Gold is pretty sweet in that it's always on sale and there's regular free months (at least for me) and you actually keep the 360 games and so on, the backward compatibility is fucking great (and the main reason I bought the thing to be honest), and so on. They REALLY turned themselves around from 2013 and it's fucking commendable. 

If there's a good trade in offer I'd probably dump my Xbone and upgrade to a Scorpio for the shit of it, but like, I don't have a 4K TV, I just got the Switch a month ago and a PS4 Pro the other day, I've kind of spent a bit much on hardware as of late, plus the Xbone will supposedly play all the games anyways, interesting to see how long that will last.

Have you used the new update yet?

Just now, FlareXV said:

Have you used the new update yet?

On Xbone?

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the little tweaks, but it's easy to get over. Still instinctively press the Xbox button expecting to go to the menu, not a small menu wherein I can hit a button to go to the menu. For the most part though, I've not noticed anything new, other than like a home page slight redesign and the aforementioned mini menu.

Just now, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

On Xbone?

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the little tweaks, but it's easy to get over. Still instinctively press the Xbox button expecting to go to the menu, not a small menu wherein I can hit a button to go to the menu. For the most part though, I've not noticed anything new, other than like a home page slight redesign and the aforementioned mini menu.

Dude, it's much faster than the old one. I do miss snap though.

Just now, FlareXV said:

Dude, it's much faster than the old one. I do miss snap though.

Really? I guess all I did was go to the main menu and then my games list, never really did much else of anything.

Snap's gone? Man, that was such a cool idea. I did it once or twice but ultimately never found anything I needed it for. I tried watching Force Awakens through YouTube while playing GTA IV the other day and it was cool but the little window was too small, a customizable window size and proper streaming app support (if you have it, cool, but Australia doesn't, as usual) would be dope yo. But I guess that will never be now.