Orisa's Halt State trophy made easy with just 3 people

rockhopper78

Hey everyone, I discovered an easy way to boost the seriously annoying trophy Halt State for Orisa. Thanks very much to my best friend Caucasiamation and my girlfriend Dragonlovesfire for helping test this method out and earn this trophy. Hopefully this will help out people struggling to get this trophy. I love this game and it sucked to step away from the objective to do this but this trophy really really sucks. And hey even in the instance of the second clip, me and my friend still made it back to the objective and helped win the match so it was a win win. happydance.gif

So this method requires 3 people. 2 on one team and one on the enemy team. You will be grouping up with a friend or boosting partner and jumping into quick play. You will then have another person join game once you are in the game. This may take quite a while depending on luck and if someone leaves on enemy team or not. This took us several hours just because we were having the worst luck with only a person leaving on our same team mid match or after the match and after match ended we would have to start the process over again.

Once you finally have the person on the enemy team. The trophy setup can begin. Person going for trophy picks Orisa, your friend on Orisa's team picks McCree, and the player on enemy team picks Winston. Play normally until all 3 of you have your ultimates. Then depending on the map, cause that is important too. King of the hill maps is not too good for this. Run to an out of the way private area where enemies are not fighting.

Orisa throws down her ult, Winston ults to instantly gain 1000 HP, and McCree immediately does deadeye. As soon as you have a skull on Winston, Orisa halts him and as soon as you see orb pull him, McCree pulls the trigger.

Now it may or may not be necessary for Orisa to ult but it doesn't hurt to use it as well just for bonus damage and if it speeds up the deadeye to take down Winston's 1000 HP in just a few seconds. 

Other notes of interest, when trying this in a custom private match first just to see if a ulted Winston could be killed in one shot with the time limitation of the halt, we were thinking Dva ult at first, but since Winston has some armor, that only did 995 damage, leaving Winston with 5 HP, so no go. Then we thought Junkrat rip tire. Nope that only did like 400 something damage surprisingly. Then we thought Hanzo ult. That took way too long. Then Pharah ult. That does kill the Winston, but it takes a few seconds so we weren't sure if it would be fast enough. Then we tried McCree and bingo that did the trick. Then we actually did it in quickplay and trophy unlocked for both of us as you see the screenshots in video. We haven't done it for the girlfriend yet. She's fine with waiting for later.

• Like 2

That's nifty. I have stopped going for this trophy for a little while, but I'll be sure to keep this method in mind when I try to go for it again and have friends who are willing to help out. Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I never played orisa so far, can you get this trophy by pulling 2 enemy tanks  (like rein and Winston or hog ) to fall to death just like with the floor is lava ? They have a Total of 1000 health so this should work, right ?

1 hour ago, mortis20 said:

I never played orisa so far, can you get this trophy by pulling 2 enemy tanks  (like rein and Winston or hog ) to fall to death just like with the floor is lava ? They have a Total of 1000 health so this should work, right ?

No, pushing people to death with Halt won't work since it takes too long for the damages to be counted. Enemies must receive damage right after the Halt has pulled them toward the green orb. I know, thing makes this trophy the hardest to date because it requires A LOT of luck. And it's nearly impossible without having 1-2 friends with you and combine their ultimate.

Edited by Maxie the Mouse

1 hour ago, Maxie the Mouse said:

No, pushing people to death with Halt won't work since it takes too long for the damages to be counted. Enemies must receive damage right after the Halt has been pulled toward the green orb. I know, thing makes this trophy the hardest to date because it requires A LOT of luck. And it's nearly impossible without having 1-2 friends with you and combine their ultimate.

Well that sucks, anyway thanks for reply :D

• 1 month later...