Enduring Heights / Stack Of All Trades how-to

fastflowdaman

First off, as you may already know, the two trophies are mixed up. In order to get the Enduring Heights trophy you need to meet the Stack Of All Trades criteria and vice versa.

When you take a look at the respective trophy icons you can actually see how the bronze trophy has a silver icon and the other way round.

So in order to make things easier, it is advised to go for Stack Of All Trades (correct criterion: Get a score of 100k in Endurance mode) immediately after unlocking world B, as it should be so much easier to do with none of the worlds C to H unlocked, only A and B (unlocking world B is required to play Endurance mode).

I cannot confirm this a 100% though as I took the hard route and went for the trophy last after unlocking all worlds etc.

It should also be possible to delete your save and start anew after getting the other trophies to simplify the process.

Enduring Heights on the other hand requires to have all worlds unlocked (correct criterion: Solve 20 levels in a row with all worlds unlocked in Endurance mode).

In any case, when going for each trophy, start Endurance mode. The game will select a random level for you to beat. You have two retries altogether, NOT per level; failing a third time will result in a Game Over.

As soon as a level is about to start, press the Options button to pause the game, then identify the world and level.

Worlds:

Spoiler

World A - Light brown, wooden pieces.

World B - Green pieces. Introducing see-through pieces with a green square that break if more than two pieces are placed on top.

World C - Light blue pieces. Introducing see-through pieces with a white circle that break two seconds after a piece is placed on top.

World D - Light brown, wooden pieces. Including both frangible types of pieces from World B and C.

World E - Yellow pieces. Introducing scales.

World F - Purple pieces. Introducing gravity shift.

World G - Green pieces. Introducing fire-colored pieces that eliminate each other when placed on one another.

World H - Light pink pieces. Including all of the above.

Use the excel file provided under this link to identify the specific level. Take a look at

* the first three pieces presented in the level (shape and type), starting from the far right going left (columns E to J)

* the total amount of pieces in the level (column K)

* the shape of the stone base in the water basin where you are to balance the pieces (column L)

After knowing the levels fairly well from having played them rather often, the first three pieces usually are sufficient for identification.

This is what I call the pieces in the excel file (columns E, G, I):

Spoiler

Arrow                                                                                                                                              (see World D, Level 3.4, first piece)

Barbell (stylized barbell or bone, if you will)                                                                                    (see World D, Level 4.2, first piece)

Bulky Arrow (has a square instead of a triangle for a head and the shaft is rounded at the end)  (see World D, Level 2.1, first piece)

Bulky X (combination of an X and a circle)                                                                                      (see World B, Level 3.4, first piece)

Circle                                                                                                                                              (see World A, Level 1.1, first piece)

Cloud (looking like a pair of fused left and right braces)                                                                 (see World D, Level 6.1, first piece)

Clover (the four-leaf type shape)                                                                                                    (see World D, Level 5.3, first piece)

Halved barbell (single-sided weight plates)                                                                                     (see World D, Level 4.1, first piece)

Halved circle (half a circle)                                                                                                              (see World D, Level 6.3, first piece)

Halved X (resembling a stool perhaps)                                                                                           (see World F, Level 7.2, first piece)

L                                                                                                                                                     (see World F, Level 6.1, first piece)

L* (mirror-inverted L)                                                                                                                      (see World F, Level 4.1, first piece)

Square                                                                                                                                            (see World A, Level 2.1, first piece)

Tear (one end is rounded, one is pointy)                                                                                        (see World H, Level 9.1, first piece)

Triangle                                                                                                                                          (see World A, Level 4.2, first piece)

X                                                                                                                                                     (see World A, Level 3.3, first piece)

Z                                                                                                                                                     (see World C, Level 4.2, first piece)

Z* (mirror-inverted Z)                                                                                                                      (see World A, Level 7.1, first piece)

These are the types of pieces (columns F, H, J):

Spoiler

Wooden: Regular World A type pieces.

Fragile: World B type pieces.

Time: World C type pieces.

Gravity: World F type pieces.

Cannibal: World G type pieces.

Take a look at column B to find out the exact level. Then use the following videos courtesy of Savenger Solutions (I don't know them or contributed any of the videos, only used them)*:

(It is advised to open the videos in yt to easily access the individual level guides for each world.)

World A

Spoiler

World B

Spoiler

World C

Spoiler

World D

Spoiler

World E

Spoiler

World F

Spoiler

World G

Spoiler

World H

Spoiler

* Exception: Whenever you see a red background used in column A, I found the solution provided by Savenger Solutions to be subpar. In this case feel free to use your own or my solutions:

World B, Level 3.4

Spoiler

World B, Level 5.2

Spoiler

World C, Level 2.1

Spoiler

World C, Level 6.2

Spoiler

World D, Level 6.3

Spoiler

World D, Level 7.4 (credits to pdjguermd)

Spoiler

World D, Level 8.1

Spoiler

World E, Level 8.2

Spoiler

World E, Level 9.1

Spoiler

SS' approach might actually be the best solution/order

World F, Level 5.1

Spoiler

World G, Level 5.4 (not sure about this one, try both methods to see for yourself which one you prefer)

Spoiler

World H, Level 5.2 (same applies as above)

Spoiler

It's also a good idea to practise these particular levels beforehand.

If you have any additional questions, shoot.

Good luck!

Edited by fastflowdaman
links updated
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't finished all the levels yet but, I just wanted to say I appreciate all the effort that you have gone through to provide this.  If/when I attempt this trophy I will definitly use this.

I did wonder about restarting the game and only unlocking the first 2 worlds to go for the 100k score but cannot decide if it is worth it. I have scored under 1000 on a world one level (>2000 world 2) so it would take a lot of levels to get to 100k. Scores are higher on later levels due to the "world" multiplier.  How hard was it with all the levels unlocked?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, aerosol_grey said:

I did wonder about restarting the game and only unlocking the first 2 worlds to go for the 100k score but cannot decide if it is worth it. I have scored under 1000 on a world one level (>2000 world 2) so it would take a lot of levels to get to 100k. Scores are higher on later levels due to the "world" multiplier.  How hard was it with all the levels unlocked?

You are absolutely correct, and giving it a second thought, I'd say definitely go for it AFTER unlocking all worlds. It's a classical higher risk, higher reward situation. Thing is, especially the gravity levels can absolutely screw you over, while the fiery "cannibal" type piece levels even give you a higher multiplier despite being much easier. I think it was really lazy by the developers not to give each level an individual multiplier based on its specific difficulty, as there are easier and more difficult levels in every world. It's a good idea to identify and practise those levels that you have the most issues with. I repeated them until I was able to finish them successfully three times in a row.

To answer your question, it was annoying, but doable. Take a look at the gap between my last three trophies to get an idea of how long it took me. I took a break and did the tower tumble trophy in between, then I pushed through until it was done. So around two days of trying, some hours every day. The method and the will to do it are the most important elements. But that sounds like a platitude (: