Be weary of losing your save!

xMissFantasy

I've just spent the last few days, on and off, co-oping this with my boyfriend. During the final loading screen of the game, it kept crashing.

Thought nothing of it until now. I re-loaded the game and low and behold my save file was gone. I had a save on the PS cloud but nothing I tried worked.

I even started a new character, did the tutorial and the first mission to make sure it auto-saved and exited the game. That character didn't even save.

I have no idea why this happened but I would advise to anyone playing this as of right now, be VERY careful or just avoid this game all together.

I played this game a lot with my gf and it crashed/glitched a ton on that final mission but it never ate my save. 

You said you had a backup though so I am really surprised it didn't work. The saves aren't synced to their servers as far as I know so it should have reverted to the save you loaded.

Do you still have the save? I would try to delete the application, redownload, and then load that save file.

btw is this vita or ps4?

Edited by RVMcypress_grave
more info

I'm playing on PS4.

I still have my save but I've tried deleting the app, re-downloading it, deleting my save off my console, re-uploading my save from the cloud to my console and yet nothing. And as I said, I made a new character and that didn't even save when clearly there was an auto-save happening. The game literally just took a dump.

Right? I've never heard of this happening nor had this happen before. My boyfriend and I have a plan though and hopefully it works.

I also hope someone here can shed light because this sucks big time. Thanks for your input though. Appreciate it.?

• 1 year later...
On 29/06/2017 at 7:42 AM, xMissFantasy said:

Right? I've never heard of this happening nor had this happen before. My boyfriend and I have a plan though and hopefully it works.

I also hope someone here can shed light because this sucks big time. Thanks for your input though. Appreciate it.1f44d.png

Hey, I just experienced this and yours is the only thread I've found about it. Think is, it doesn't save ANYTHING. Do you know why that is? Did you fix it? I get the small radio in the bottom left to indicate it's saving, but it doesn't actually save cause as soon as I exit and re-enter I gotta start over...

10 hours ago, Sephinova said:

Hey, I just experienced this and yours is the only thread I've found about it. Think is, it doesn't save ANYTHING. Do you know why that is? Did you fix it? I get the small radio in the bottom left to indicate it's saving, but it doesn't actually save cause as soon as I exit and re-enter I gotta start over...

Oh boy. Umm.. At least it's not just me this happened to but I am sorry it happened to you as well. I would have figured by now with all the updates that it wouldn't happen AT ALL. Apparently that's not the case..

I had the same thing happen, even when starting a new save file. No idea why it refuses to save. Wish I did.

The only fix that worked (from what I remember) was deleting all my game data (console and cloud), having my boyfriend play through it again on my account on his console for me and upload the save, and basically start from there. 

When ever I play it (though I don't believe I have played since last year), I'm VERY cautious. Mostly because I don't know if it's tied to the console saving (no issues with other games), or if it's playing the game in coop or there's something specific within the games coding that gets triggered randomly that causes it to quit saving. Couldn't say for sure. 

I wish I had better news for you. 

59 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

Oh boy. Umm.. At least it's not just me this happened to but I am sorry it happened to you as well. I would have figured by now with all the updates that it wouldn't happen AT ALL. Apparently that's not the case..

I had the same thing happen, even when starting a new save file. No idea why it refuses to save. Wish I did.

The only fix that worked (from what I remember) was deleting all my game data (console and cloud), having my boyfriend play through it again on my account on his console for me and upload the save, and basically start from there. 

When ever I play it (though I don't believe I have played since last year), I'm VERY cautious. Mostly because I don't know if it's tied to the console saving (no issues with other games), or if it's playing the game in coop or there's something specific within the games coding that gets triggered randomly that causes it to quit saving. Couldn't say for sure. 

I wish I had better news for you. 

You know what, turns out it was because I had an older version of the game, while having a newer version of the save file. I guess if you have a new save file from a newer patch the autosave will try to save to it but you won't be able to use it. That was my problem at least so that's sorted (in case someone stumbles in here). Here's to hoping I don't get what you got later down the line!

On 2019-06-27 at 0:00 PM, Sephinova said:

You know what, turns out it was because I had an older version of the game, while having a newer version of the save file. I guess if you have a new save file from a newer patch the autosave will try to save to it but you won't be able to use it. That was my problem at least so that's sorted (in case someone stumbles in here). Here's to hoping I don't get what you got later down the line!

Ahh. That makes more sense lol. My issue was from about 3 patches ago so I think you'll be fine now. I'd still be cautious but I wouldn't worry too much. Regularly back up your save just in case!