How to get your old instruments to work on Rock Band 4?

SGibeaver4444

So I wish to use my ps3 guitar hero guitar for Rock Band 4 on PS4. According to the compatibility chart it should work (its a GH World Tour guitar), but I cant get it to connect. I have a dongle and I tested it on my ps3 and it works fine. The dongle doesn't light up on my ps4, idk if that matters. Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry if I'm not supposed to post this question here.

from http://www.harmonixmusic.com/how-to-legacy-controllers/

How do I sync my legacy game controllers on the PlayStation 4?

Before you sync: You must have the original adapter that came with your legacy PlayStation game controller plugged in to your PlayStation 4 to play Rock Band 4 with compatible legacy instruments. You do NOT need to sync microphones - as long as a controller is synced to your console, plug in your microphone via USB and you're good to go!

Make sure your PlayStation 4 is turned on and you have Rock Band 4 running.

Make sure that the original adapter that came with your legacy PlayStation game controller is plugged into your PlayStation 4 console.

Make sure your music game controller that you are trying to sync has fresh batteries.

Press and hold the PlayStation button on your instrument. This is found in the center of your drum kit or next to the D Pad on your guitar.

A red light around the PlayStation symbol should start blinking slowly. This means the controller is waiting to sync.

AT THE SAME TIME: Press and hold the sync button on the adapter that is plugged into the PlayStation 4 and press and hold the small wireless button on your music controller (for drums, this is a button found on the bottom left side of the main center brain. For guitars, this is a button found where the amp plug would be). You only need to hold down both of these buttons for a maximum of two seconds.

The red light on your instrument should start blinking quickly. After a few moments, it will return to blinking slowly and then stop blinking all together. If the light is steady and not blinking, this means your controller has synced.

If your controller continues to blink slowly, repeat step 6 until the light becomes steady. Make sure to press BOTH sync buttons on the original adapter and game controller at the same time!

Once your controller has synced, press the Start button to officially get in game and rocking!

If you require assistance to sync your controllers, please refer to this PlayStation support article or contact Mad Catz with any hardware defects.