Help with Ruined Griffin

Isaac1364

• 4 weeks later...

Hey not sure if you are still having trouble with this, but I found this to be the hardest battle in the game solo and there is not alot of information out there on how you can beat it solo, I finally managed it last night.

It took me a combined total of about 5 hours to beat this mission on my own but one thing made all the difference, using the Fire Armour (L) offering. In the end I was 1/99 used 3 of the Ice Throwing offerings, a heal, Fire Amour (L) and a Lightning golum to use if I managed to freeze either boss.

I went the entire game without using any of the Armour offerings and for this fight it pretty much negates the damage from the Phenoix and heavily reduces the damage from the Griffin even with a 1/99 build. I ended up focusing on the Griffin and more or less ignored the Phenoix until I had killed it, freezing the phenoix at the start of the fight and just leaving it gives you time to get some damage in on the Griffin. If you can destroy one of the wings from the Griffin things will get alot easier, from that moment just take your time and keep mobile slowly chipping away at the Griffin until you can kill it, using the dead spiders to reffill your offerings

After that you should be fine to take down the Phenoix, if you are still trying for this, don't give up it is possible! 

I just have to beat the Leviathan now and I have the plat, hopefully tonight I will be finally done!

Edited by tpepper1985

6 hours ago, tpepper1985 said:

Hey not sure if you are still having trouble with this, but I found this to be the hardest battle in the game solo and there is not alot of information out there on how you can beat it solo, I finally managed it last night.

It took me a combined total of about 5 hours to beat this mission on my own but one thing made all the difference, using the Fire Armour (L) offering. In the end I was 1/99 used 3 of the Ice Throwing offerings, a heal, Fire Amour (L) and a Lightning golum to use if I managed to freeze either boss.

I went the entire game without using any of the Armour offerings and for this fight it pretty much negates the damage from the Phenoix and heavily reduces the damage from the Griffin even with a 1/99 build. I ended up focusing on the Griffin and more or less ignored the Phenoix until I had killed it, freezing the phenoix at the start of the fight and just leaving it gives you time to get some damage in on the Griffin. If you can destroy one of the wings from the Griffin things will get alot easier, from that moment just take your time and keep mobile slowly chipping away at the Griffin until you can kill it, using the dead spiders to reffill your offerings

After that you should be fine to take down the Phenoix, if you are still trying for this, don't give up it is possible! 

I just have to beat the Leviathan now and I have the plat, hopefully tonight I will be finally done!

The problem is that your method is exactly what I've been trying. I don't suppose you could help me out with that mission?

• 1 year later...
On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:44 PM, Isaac1364 said:

using the Fire Armour (L) offering

Ive just beaten this after trying for so long didnt think to use armour :) 

focusing on the Griffin

Fight took me 40mins of running round the middle picking off Griffin.

using the dead spiders to reffill your offerings

Once he was done with then spent the time pot shotting Phoenix and the spiders to get Life/Spell bk up.

Thanks for the tips really made a difference i started the fight 41/51 finished it with 43/52