INSANE Difficulty

EPICRAGE

So for the trophy INSANE you have to beat the game on Insane difficulty. The description in game says "One life - If you die, all level progress (and hope) will be lost. Brutal!". Brutal indeed!

So I was hoping you just have to beat each level with one life, not the entire game, but alas it looks like you have to make it through all 11 levels with a single life.

Playing online, though, I noticed that you can drop in and drop out. It may be possible to play with others online and, if someone dies, they just quit out and rejoin. The host will just have to stay alive.

Edited by EPICRAGE

So if anyone is reading these posts I have a question.

If you attempted INSANE mode, did you always have to start at the beginning if you died? I just played and made it to level 9. I died and somehow I was able to start again from level 9. My grades for each level stayed and I could just start it up again. Unfortunately I blew my second chance and died again and this time I had to start from level 1.

Is this a glitch or did I do something to enable me to start again from level 9? The only thing I can think of is that maybe finishing a level with a golden pigeon allows you to start again. That is the ONLY thing I did differently during this attempt.

Edited by EPICRAGE

On 9/30/2017 at 1:46 PM, CriTicalxTh30rY said:

Never played the game but if it saves at the end of each level is it possible to upload your save onto a USB or the online save then if you die reload the save from before you died just a thought 

I think if you try to upload your save the game needs to quit or be suspended or whatever. And on INSANE mode it doesn't save after each level. If you die or quit you have to start from the first level again. Maybe I will try just for the hell of it but I don't think it will work.

On 10/3/2017 at 2:30 AM, EPICRAGE said:

UGH Just made it to level 10 playing solo on INSANE. There are so many double boss fights on this level and NO HEALTH PACKS! Very frustrating to die on the level right before the last one. Rant over.

Woohoo! Finally beat INSANE mode solo. Level 10 is super annoying but practice makes perfect I guess. Now to delete the game and save data, reinstall and see if that fixes "The End?" trophy.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2017-10-09 at 5:08 PM, EPICRAGE said:

Woohoo! Finally beat INSANE mode solo. Level 10 is super annoying but practice makes perfect I guess. Now to delete the game and save data, reinstall and see if that fixes "The End?" trophy.

Any tips for insane? And is it easier if you lay with more people or is it harder?

On 12/31/2017 at 5:45 PM, NaseemJohn said:

Any tips for insane? And is it easier if you lay with more people or is it harder?

I would say it's slightly easier with another person as the extra person can take the damage and put themselves in harms way. If they die they can drop out and come back into the game as long as you stay alive.

One tip for playing solo; have another controller and profile ready. If you feel like you are going to die, pause the game and invite the second profile. While you are switching and accepting the invite from the other profile the game will disconnect. At this point, if you start another game you are allowed to start on the level you left off on instead of starting from the beginning. You might end up playing one level several times but at least you don't have to start from level one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EPICRAGE said:

I would say it's slightly easier with another person as the extra person can take the damage and put themselves in harms way. If they die they can drop out and come back into the game as long as you stay alive.

One tip for playing solo; have another controller and profile ready. If you feel like you are going to die, pause the game and invite the second profile. While you are switching and accepting the invite from the other profile the game will disconnect. At this point, if you start another game you are allowed to start on the level you left off on instead of starting from the beginning. You might end up playing one level several times but at least you don't have to start from level one.

Thanks for the info. Insane is not as hard as I thought it would be. Just gotta watch out for the last level. 

On 1/6/2018 at 10:10 PM, NaseemJohn said:

So I beat the game on insane and the trophy didn’t pop. 

On 1/6/2018 at 10:57 PM, NaseemJohn said:

Nevermind i did the last level again and got it :)

Congrats on the trophy! I would be so pissed if I did all that and it didn't pop. I'm glad you were able to get it without having to do the entire game again. Congrats!