Cuphead being the hardest!? Hell nah!

slaveknight09

11 hours ago, DesmaBR said:

Wow, you're so good at the videogames

Yes! You're GREAT! Can you sign in my controller????? ?

Jokes aside, about the topic here, there were a lot of games back in old days i couldn't finish and that was totaly okay with me back then, and oddly enough some games i did manage to finish now when i tried to beat it again, and some games i was a master years ago, now i have game overs lol. I used to reach Shang Tsung in MK without losing a fight and now i die in the third fight ? People change i guess, it's inevitable. ?

I have to say from what i have seen of Cuphead it looks great and as a professional artist, the art is stunning. The style was very well created, very good concept.  I think we all have to thank some of the game journos for the "controversy". Have you guys seen the articles asking for ubisoft add a skip boss fight opition in AC? By the gods Kratos!!!! when you think you have seen everything in game news media!!!! ?

Oh and, any1 here will try to plat crypt of the necrodancer??? ? lmao

Edited by BG_painter

The problem I have the most with this is how some people are saying "Cuphead is the new Dark Souls", or "Cuphead is the Dark Souls of 2D run and gun games".

As if 'difficult but fair' is an entirely new concept that was invented with Dark Souls. Not to mention that much of the Dark Souls games gets not that hard at all if you just sit back and devise a plan (or grind for a bit) instead of Leeroy Jenkins your way through the game.

On 08/10/2017 at 1:59 AM, Paige-ID said:

As a kid, we never cared to finish games. It was just to play them with friends. Half of them we didn't think could be "beat". It also helps that most games had no storyline anyway, so it's not like you craved a conclusion to anything.

I prefer games to be relaxing these days, so I prefer games without frustration. I like challenge in strategy games or old-school RPGs like Baldur's Gate/Pillars of Eternity, but not in games like Super Meatboy or anything like that. Too frustrating to be enjoyable for me.

Personally I like to alternate between difficult and relaxing games. Just finished the 'no dying, no dead ends' Thimbleweed Park, went on into Axiom Verge (not insanely difficult but definitely requires your undivided attention and a bit of strategic approach), and will continue next week into the probably-mostly-easy South Park, perhaps with some Stardew Valley on the side.

High difficulty is something I especially appreciate in platformers, and relax-and-awe is something I appreciate in story heavy games or open world stuff.

On 08/10/2017 at 2:32 AM, MMDE said:

What I do think is silly is how difficulty is focused on as if it was like the reason to get the game. Something dies inside of me whenever I see it mentioned in relation to Dark Souls. :( Those games aren't even difficult (Demon's 3/10, Dark 4/10, Dark 2 5/10, Bloodborne 5/10 IMO, and this is not really my real opinion on the difficulty, because they are like 1-2/10, 3/10, 4/10, 4/10 to me) and people play them because they are "difficult". This is not meant as "I'm better than you", but rather pointing out how ridiculous this stuff is. I enjoy those games for completely different reasons.

I heard that somewhere around Dark Souls 3 the dev team was actually thinking about adding an easy mode, because they don't consider the games to be that difficult themselves and they just want people to enjoy the setting, instead of not even trying to play these games because other people say "they're so hard".

Cuphead did end up being harder than I thought it would be but still did better than Dean Takashi at least for the first 26 minutes anyway but then on the next level or two over I ended up dying a lot. I did record it but on my original first 26 minutes I forgot to record on the Capture card did that with Super Mario Maker and some other games.
Don't know What Cuphead has to do with Dark Souls though two separate games.