Campaign Trophy Tips

Thought I would share this, If any one wishes to know -- 
 most the campaigns (Aside from 1) are Centered around Rebirth -  *haven't gone on to Vol. 2 yet to see if they carry over, but I don't think they do*

-
If you want a Quick way to farm out 50 Lucky animals, 50 Mecha gruntys saved, 50 PKS', and A rank 50 Areas - and the annoying Bikmans Fashion 
Spamming  Beta Starting Your Shadow, Nets you 1 Lucky animal 1 Mecha Grunty, and the Misc,. PC's that appear in the field (I.e The Medic guild) as there's 2 warp points Right at the start, And 50/50 Chance to get a PK Event (In the last hour ive managed to knock out 20 of each of the above campaigns, side from bikmans, "PCs" i have to find are in the dam Arena area - Jerks arnt spawning Lol 

*Edit*
A Rank would only come if ya kill everything, takes a bit of time, And Is some what pointless to do as you'll most likely get  it naturally over the 4 Vol. 

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI
Derp

True * forgot about that part - none the less being able to get all 50 done quickly is nice, I had kicked maybe 12 by the time I beat the game lol - 
 I found a list of Key words that are supposed to help spawn XYZ Animals, but  after 2 hours of trying, Kept getting the same Spinel or w.e horse

Yea - I had it posted in my 1st post, but removed it due to me feeling as if it was false - 

Gold Bird |<area> |Dancing Doomed Bum

Leviathan |<area> |Paling Dusk's Bum

Ganesha |<area>|Halberd Daybreak's Berserker

High Wolf |<area> |Creeping Tragedy's Hand Song

Totetsu |<area>|Lazy Marble's Generation

Chimera |<area>|Lazy Kourin's Nemesis

Baku |<area> |Fly Away Military Resort

Two-tailed Fox|<area>|Rough Song Dusk's Hand Song

Dark Goat |<area>|Sacred Unlimited Berserker

For example (This is what i have left - what i didn't encounter via farming Gruntys or random areas for leveling) 
Ran the top 2 20 times each - 2 hours, Nothing kept getting the spinil horse, 

what was the list you used?

On 11/6/2017 at 9:16 AM, juwaker230 said:

This guide still works pretty well. So far everything is spot on with the exception of the difficulty. The game feels easier.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/928400-hack-gu-vol-1-rebirth/faqs/50376

Also used that guide for completing my Ryu Books, as far as I saw everything was still correct in that regard if you're trying to fill them out.

Here's my tips for the campaigns in Rebirth.
Mecha Grunty's Messiah

I didn't have to grind this, as while filling out my Ryu Books and hunting down monsters and Lucky Animals I ended up getting all 50. But if you think you may need to grind it, if you happen upon an area that has a Mecha Grunty near the start point keep note of it so you can return to grind it out.

Animal Hunter

I only needed to grind a few of these after hunting for monsters and hunting down the specific animals. You can use this table if you're trying to hunt down a specific animal. Just a heads up that the animal that appears is based on the average level of your party and the area level. Again since I didn't need to grind I don't have good keywords, so keep an eye out for an area with a Lucky Animal near the start if you think you may need to grind.

El-Chiminator

Incredibly easy and quick. You should get enough just by playing the game, but in the case you don't just look for Trees and Mushrooms as they tend to drop a lot of chims and can be rekicked after a short time.

The World Famous

I used this list to track which players I was missing and started hunting them down. Only a handful (10?) of players can show up at any time, so you'll need to log in and out of The World or transfer servers to refresh which characters appear. It will take a while and be incredibly annoying.

Terror of Death

I only had around 25 after everything else finished so I did have to grind this one out. I used (Delta) Buzz Swift Berserker as there's a battle arena right by the starting location. The Blacklist PCs should all show up before you get to 50.

Haven't gotten to starting Reminisce yet, so I've got nothing for Lone Racer or My Way Is the Highway yet.

• Like 1

FWIW, I ended up with a time played of 26:42 for vol 1. This includes completing all side campaigns, maxing all Ryu Books and fully hunting down all items and monsters. 

I remember about hearing about this glitch, though I didn't run into this [articular issue. For those interested here's what they're referring to. I guess throwing out the suggestion to not complete the dex until you're at 50 would be good to make in any trophy guides. While it may put a damper on any 'I have to complete EVERYTHING' runs, the good thing is that by finishing the dex you'll get the item you need for the Book of Ryu and kicking 50 animals doesn't give any sort of unique reward. As for the trophy, the campaign also runs during Vol 2 but you will have to start over from 0.

• 3 months later...

I looked around how to find the lucky animals, everything was kinda confusing... But then I found this. This is much easier to understand how to find the lucky animals.  (I'll re-write the tips here that I found)

(Average Level of Party (rounded down) - 1) x Field Level
The last number of your answer determines the Lucky Animal, the type of field you visit also changes it.
Fields                                  Dungeons
0 Fate Worm                          0 Ouryu
1 Gold Bird                             1 Totetsu 
2 Sleipnir                                2 Chimera 
3 Two-tailed Fox                     3 Nue
4 Ganesha                             4 Tohkoh 
5 Leviathan                            5 Tengu                  
6 High Wolf                            6 Baku 
7 Malice Cat                          7 Dark Goat
8 Tsutsuga                             8 Qi Lin
9 Moon Rabbit                       9 Kudan

Here's an example:
Team: Haseo lvl 50, Kuhn lvl 50...... Area lvl7:
(50+50)-1= 99
99x7= 693
lucky animal number is 3, so you would find a Two-tailed Fox in that area.

For grinding the pks, my favorite area to get this done fast was area words:  delta:  Buzzing, Wrath's, Berserker (vol 1)
You arrive next to the temple, just move forward, going behind the temple, and there's always a battle area that appear's at the same spot. 

Edited by VKei_Vampire
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

For the campaigns, I used (Delta) Elegant Aster's Berserker. There is a Battle Area right near the Chaos Gate, a Mecha Grunty right next to it, and a Lucky Animal a short walk around the corner (although in later volume it is moved to just in-front of the Battle Area). Admittedly you will usually only find the one type, but you can still grind the Lucky Animal there. I used the same place at the end of each volume, too, so it still works fine.

• Like 1