Surge3Beast's Den of Platinums and Backlog

Surge3Beast

On 10/26/2018 at 7:03 PM, Surge3Beast said:

I started on Normal difficulty and I'm trying to focus on trophies, but still running a blind playthrough story wise. The first person perspective gets me too, and I have to pause whenever things get too tense for me (which is fairly often).  I know on Madhouse the enemy locations change and I assume enemies take more hits and deal more damage, but is there anything else that makes it different from other difficulties?

Sweet, I hope it's been well so far. Stacking the only three gold trophies in the base game was definitely one of the funnest feats to accomplish in the game for me, since the time pressure made everything excitingly intense. Regarding Madhouse, either than the enemy spawns changing (including bosses), loot locations altering, enemies dealing a lot more damage to the player, requiring more damage to defeat, and appearing in bigger hordes, there are several other changes. These changes include needing cassette tapes to save your game, having no checkpoints at all (after death you will respawn at your latest save point), you get special items much earlier in the game (this includes weapons, backpack upgrades, and Antique Coins), there are also more Antique Coins to find throughout the game (thirty three to be exact, over the eighteen on any other difficulty) and more items to unlock with Antique Coins.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2018 at 3:38 AM, ddracarys said:

Sweet, I hope it's been well so far. Stacking the only three gold trophies in the base game was definitely one of the funnest feats to accomplish in the game for me, since the time pressure made everything excitingly intense. Regarding Madhouse, either than the enemy spawns changing (including bosses), loot locations altering, enemies dealing a lot more damage to the player, requiring more damage to defeat, and appearing in bigger hordes, there are several other changes. These changes include needing cassette tapes to save your game, having no checkpoints at all (after death you will respawn at your latest save point), you get special items much earlier in the game (this includes weapons, backpack upgrades, and Antique Coins), there are also more Antique Coins to find throughout the game (thirty three to be exact, over the eighteen on any other difficulty) and more items to unlock with Antique Coins.

I've had a great time so far! The speed run was a lot of fun for me as well. On my initial playthrough I moved slowly and explored as much as I could, so it was fun to have to go through quickly and really pay attention to how much time I was spending on my second playthrough. Thanks for the info about Madhouse! I'm going to start my Madhouse playthrough soon so it's nice to have a heads up about what to expect. 

On 11/11/2018 at 1:30 AM, Surge3Beast said:

I've had a great time so far! The speed run was a lot of fun for me as well. On my initial playthrough I moved slowly and explored as much as I could, so it was fun to have to go through quickly and really pay attention to how much time I was spending on my second playthrough. Thanks for the info about Madhouse! I'm going to start my Madhouse playthrough soon so it's nice to have a heads up about what to expect. 

It’s great to see you’ve progressed a lot since we last spoke, and most importantly, that you’re enjoying Resident Evil 7. I pretty much went through the exact same as you; took my sweet time on my first playthrough to sweep every nook and cranny. My speedrun followed, which I managed to finish in one sitting at two hours and thirty minutes. Then finally, the only trophies remaining for me at that point were Madhouse and collecting all of the Antique Coins on Madhouse. It was a lovely experience and I’m still kind of bummed the Gold Edition of the game didn’t contain a separate trophy list, because I definitely would have gone for it again. Any how, I wish you luck on your Madhouse playthrough! Get ready for some new shocks. :devil:

Have you had the time to experience any of the DLC yet?

Edited by ddracarys