Your Ideal Build.

So what do you find that does the most damage, works the best, and over all makes sure your not a pile of slopy meat on the ground?
After Running on Normal / morbid and Almost a full co-op run (Got destroyed at final check point )

I'm Finding that the Gear that gives you Max Endurance 7/10 Strength and 5? agility *cant remember the Exact items atm* lets me survive 2 hits from them slashers, pummle off most Non-armored zombies and dash away with decent stamina recovery.

When i ran the game on normal, I favored the Assault rifle, Power shots, with decent Kyting and unlimited ammo, Felt like the best weapon at the time.  even in co-op its what i stuck with, but it soon showed to be rather useless when running from hordes of more then 15 zombies if you couldn't line up shots (*power shot) thru 5+ at a time.

second time around, I decided to forgo the Assault rifle, and I went with SMG / shot gun / Blade Ripper / shocker  4 flares 3 grenades 1 Land mine 2 Dynamite 

Fully upgraded SMG with 900 rounds *(300 round clips) mowed thru everything, Litterly everything allowed me to keep my distance and clear some space.
 Once I had the shot gun  1/2 - fully upgraded it felt like I Had insta-kill on, shambling corps to hordes of slashers, Took them out in 1  hit (Point blank) 2 at Med-distance. and having 68 max ammo, and 12 shells chambered, Might have well been a Saiga-12 lol. 

The blade ripper, Thou highly limited ammo, and rather useless for the "boss" type Zombies (Jumper, slasher, boomer, screamer) made life so much easier when I had to hold my ground, or run down narrow corridors, Esp. near the last 2 levels Train yard and the last stretch to the Helicopter on final mission  , In-fact, The final horde spawn (looked like 30-40 zombies)  was mowed down in one shot, of course i used a flare to group them, but It was so bad it nearly crashed the PS4 as soon as that blade hit them 

and then the shocker, I thought this would be a useless weapon - as i felt like the flame thrower was better, It would cause zombies to come to a near halt, and wonder away from you, as if confused. but then it leaves you with the worst apocalyptic scenario, Flaming Zombies. - the shocker, When fully upgraded Mows things down better then anything I Have seen yet,  Thrashed an entire wave of Armored "military" zombies  in a single arc - not only does it jump target to target, but it stuns them for a few seconds, an that is enough of a window to get your stamina back to sprint away if need be.  made some of the "Hold your ground" spots a royal joke, or narrow tunnels that just seemed to funnel endless waves to your face - nothing more challenging then pulling a trigger.

-
Thats what i feel are the best weapons to use in the game - and why.

what's your Ultimate survival build 

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI
*wrong shot gun example, fixed name.
  • Like 1